560 problem and alternative saw

steve collins

Hi Ive heard the 560xp is 'designed for 800 hours of use'

Where did you hear this have you got a link or a quote ? I've read all Husqvarna's stuff and can't find anything about limited life being part of their design plan. It sounds like an internet fact like I've heard they are designed to last a million years but I don't know how true that is either. Has anybody got any facts on what percentage of the saws are failing and what it is down to ? I'm enjoying reading what is happening in the saw world and what is the flavour of the month, Echo and Dolmar at present I think as Stihl have made the 261 that eats bearings and Husqvarna 560xp just stops working. You can't just put a rumour out there and ask people to disprove it without offering any facts to support it. I think they have adopted a Windows style plan where they release the saw and let the user beta test it.

I hope this is wrong, so if anyone knows otherwise?

How can they unless they work for Husqvarna or were part of the design team ?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well we are another outfit with a dog in 560XPG colours - not done 100hrs and has had more than the price of the saw in parts for one reason or another.

Oh and Husqvarna really need to take a look at their dealers - it was in one for 6 weeks and came back "no fault found" - one missing screw on carb cover and another loose, ignition module loose and damaged.

Put it into another dealer and they took 10 weeks to reset to factory setting after changing the ignition module, revved it up and "its flooding - needs a new carb"

Took it home and put it into an oak stump for a few minutes since when it has been ok until the exhaust bolts worked loose and one stripped its threads in the block so just been helicoiled

Also broken chain brake handle in between times

but apart from that its been fine:thumbup:

It sits alongside a stihl 038 which was bought second hand 25 years ago and in that tiime I think I may have changed the spark plug and definitely put a new fuel hose in.

cheers

mac

Remember running 254's, they only had a six month warranty for pro use - used to budget for a new one ever 6 months until I had 2 spares - then sold the roughest and kept the better as a spare - that way the main saw was always covered.

Things have to be better now the 560 has a 2 year warranty, I've been using the same dealer for years and they always try and sort us a deal - whilst they're not the cheapest their customer service is excellent.

My 560 is a screamer - really impressed with it

Well we are another outfit with a dog in 560XPG colours - not done 100hrs and has had more than the price of the saw in parts for one reason or another.

Oh and Husqvarna really need to take a look at their dealers - it was in one for 6 weeks and came back "no fault found" - one missing screw on carb cover and another loose, ignition module loose and damaged.

Put it into another dealer and they took 10 weeks to reset to factory setting after changing the ignition module, revved it up and "its flooding - needs a new carb"

Took it home and put it into an oak stump for a few minutes since when it has been ok until the exhaust bolts worked loose and one stripped its threads in the block so just been helicoiled

Also broken chain brake handle in between times

but apart from that its been fine:thumbup:

It sits alongside a stihl 038 which was bought second hand 25 years ago and in that tiime I think I may have changed the spark plug and definitely put a new fuel hose in.

cheers

mac

Sad to say that some dealers are struggling to get up to speed with Autotune Time for them to catch up or just Give up ,

Hi

Ive heard the 560xp is 'designed for 800 hours of use'

If this is correct, its pretty terrible to be honest - as 800 hours would be less than 6 months daily use on a very conservative 40 hour week.

N

Not seen many hard worked ones making north of 200 hours

Hi

Ive heard the 560xp is 'designed for 800 hours of use'

If this is correct, its pretty terrible to be honest - as 800 hours would be less than 6 months daily use on a very conservative 40 hour week.

N

I'd like to see a saw do a 40 hour week.

My tuppence worth it's a fantastic saw with a few issues. None when it's running, it's unbeatable imo.

Hot start is sometimes an issue. I have been known to swear.

Tighten everything that can be tightened whenever you get the chance (you'll need a variety of tools unfortunately).

The recoil unit is also badly designed, the pawls snatch when they feel like it sometimes after countless smooth starts ( yes I always use the decomp).

I've got no sympathy for people who insisted on 'leaving it on tickover for a tank to run it in' then complain about it.

You need to rev the tits off it out the box into some timber for ten minutes without stopping.

I bet not many did that, the ones whinging about autotune etc.?

Good saw.

Could be great.

Get an xpg. Those heated handles are worth the extra £40.