Chipper help Jensen T530A anti stress issue

jeffa999

Just a quick question how does the anti stress work on the chipper. I recently replaced the solenoid to the right of the hopper there is a little thumb screw which I have to screw all the way in to get the roller to rotate at full speed. Ive noticed that the chipper never slows down now on the big stuff little worried that this might be damaging the chipper....

The solenoid was replaced because a fuse kept blowing near the ignition and redwood said to replace the solenoid. Thanks in advance.:001_smile:

If im reading right, the Thumb screw as you say, is next to the solenoid little brass screw? by winding this all the way in you are bypassing the no stress!

This needs to be wound out to the end then turned back in one turn or so.

You need to check all the lights are on the computer and if the flywheel sensor is still intact

Using a chipper with a broken or inoperative No Stress device willnot do any further damage but it will block up with chips when the flywheel slows down and isn't producing the blow that is needed to clear the chips out.

Thanks for reply, how important is it to have the anti stress working can we still use the Chipper?

Of course you can still use it but it may require some thinking.

Once upon a time, in the days before "no stress" technology existed we had a thing called thinking. People operating machines would assess the size of the material and manually operate the machines in feed using a process called thinking. Its a quality that over dependence on technology seems to be breeding out for some but thankfully, when put to the test, most rise to the challenge.:laugh1::laugh1:

lol like when i used to run an old vermeer 620i petrol chipper and you threw a 4" piece in..... you had to work that control bar well :D

i find most people that work for you do not have the ability to listen to an engine, i always listen to how things are, even if its someone elses machine

lol like when i used to run an old vermeer 620i petrol chipper and you threw a 4" piece in..... you had to work that control bar well :D

i find most people that work for you do not have the ability to listen to an engine, i always listen to how things are, even if its someone elses machine

There are plenty of people out there devoid of mechanical sympathy:thumbdown:

You're not wrong. Lad who works for me last week looked at the chipper all confused as to why the rollers weren't turning, he hadn't turned the throttle up #facepalm