Sachs Dolmar 123

Tractor62

I've recently picked up an old but from the looks of it very well looked after Dolmar 123 and just wondered what people's opinions of them are? From the very brief bit of cutting I've done so far it seems very strong in the cut and as I'd expected it blitzed my mates year old Stihl 261 in a cut test on a bit of seasoned hornbeam. However I realise it is an old beast and there's not much info about on Google so thought I'd see if it should go into preservation or become a bit of fun saw to show the young uns I work with just how lucky they are with anti vibe ect on their shiny new stihls and occasionally show them just what an old saw can do 😀

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

youve got a great saw there 70cc the smallest in a group of saws produced in the 80's

very powerful and reliable i used to run mine on a 30'' bar all the time

123 70cc

133 85cc

143 95cc

the only thing be gentle with the chain brake the parts are obsolete and scarce iam the same as Stubby i dont use the chainbrake very often

the 123 is the same as the 309 cut off saw there are plenty of engine parts out there

i think you should do the latter and use the devil fast and loud :thumbup::thumbup:

Thanks for the info shavey the front hand guard/chain brake handle appears to have been replaced with a part from a husky or similar so I'm guessing that it's previous owner had trouble finding an original part. 30" bar sounds a bit on the big side for 70cc I was thinking of putting a 20-24" on and see what it's like for a bit of milling

• 5 months later...

Having had this for a while now I've decided to move it on to someone that will use/ appreciate it for what it is as I just don't get to use it and it's a shame for it to sit in my shed just gathering dust.

image.jpg.cea71bd3b1daf9d55ab6912b6451996e.jpg

I know these are becoming a collectable saw however I'm not after collector type money (£100 ono) buyer would need to collect from Kent as this thing is far to heavy to be posting plus I'd like any prospective buyer to see/try before buying.

Any interest please reply here and I'll get back to you asap.

Having had this for a while now I've decided to move it on to someone that will use/ appreciate it for what it is as I just don't get to use it and it's a shame for it to sit in my shed just gathering dust.

[ATTACH]201163[/ATTACH]

I know these are becoming a collectable saw however I'm not after collector type money (£100 ono) buyer would need to collect from Kent as this thing is far to heavy to be posting plus I'd like any prospective buyer to see/try before buying.

Any interest please reply here and I'll get back to you asap.

Sold sold if you don't mind it being picked up by somebody else I don't need to try it I can see what it's like I will send you a PM :thumbup::thumbup:

Thanks for the info shavey the front hand guard/chain brake handle appears to have been replaced with a part from a husky or similar so I'm guessing that it's previous owner had trouble finding an original part. 30" bar sounds a bit on the big side for 70cc I was thinking of putting a 20-24" on and see what it's like for a bit of milling

Yes 30" seems a bit overboard but I can honestly say approx three winters ago I had several big wind blown hedge trees ash and beech and all I had at the time was the 166 on a 44" and 123 on a 30" 3/8 050 and after the first few rings off with the big saw then the rest with the 123 now that engine is quite a square motor with a long Stroke of 40mm and bore of 46 or 47mm and max RPM of 7000-8000 made it a slugger in big wood

Compared to the husqvarna 70cc at the time having bigger bore but a much shorter stroke so much higher RPM quicker on smaller stuff :thumbup::thumbup: