just had an ad pulled from gumtree

billpierce

I have an ad on gumtree for my Husky 281xp at the moment and not had any problems with it. I have used the word Husqvarna several times. How else are you going to accurately describe an item unless you use the manufacturer's name?

yeah i know! they said they will ban me if i post it or similar again!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Protectionism by Husqvarna or whoever the hell actually makes the orange chainsaws. The trade in used saws don't do anything for the shareholders. Policy therefore: quash online trading of orange saws as much as possible, make em all buy new saws. Idiotic, and impossible to implement, but anything that puts a few more cents in their coffers.....if you do sell that saw, its a sale lost to Husqvarna. Thats happening hundreds of times a day. Thats worth an algorithm or two, and a job in "enforcement"

I reckon Gumtree are out of order. They are trying to fob you off by getting you to run after Husqvarna, when it is they who are pulling the ad and threatening you with a ban. This distances themselves from their own decision.

The line they say Husqvarna is taking (and you only have Gumtree's word for it so far) is clearly unenforceable, since it would effectively end the advertising of secondhand goods. I can't believe this is in Gumtree's interests.

Personally, I suspect this is more cockup than conspiracy. Possibly the combination of a young and inexperienced office drone at Husqvarna not thinking things through, and someone at Gumtree putting things through on autopilot. Ask Gumtree how you are supposed to advertise anything without a picture or saying who made it.

That is strange. It could be crossed wires ie they thought you were advertising a fake/copy saw as I know they take that very seriously.

I doubt they could stop people selling second hand machines. If that was possible think what that would do to the car industry.

It will be interesting to find out what the issue is.

I reckon Gumtree are out of order. They are trying to fob you off by getting you to run after Husqvarna, when it is they who are pulling the ad and threatening you with a ban. This distances themselves from their own decision.

The line they say Husqvarna is taking (and you only have Gumtree's word for it so far) is clearly unenforceable, since it would effectively end the advertising of secondhand goods. I can't believe this is in Gumtree's interests.

Personally, I suspect this is more cockup than conspiracy. Possibly the combination of a young and inexperienced office drone at Husqvarna not thinking things through, and someone at Gumtree putting things through on autopilot. Ask Gumtree how you are supposed to advertise anything without a picture or saying who made it.

yeah i reckon its either some keen power tripper somewhere in husqvarna ([email protected]) or something. i have re emailed gumtree and husqvarna, but really should be finding better things to do.....