Tree Dismantle - Bury Lancs

WirralBoy

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of you guys are genuinely funny. :biggrin:

Some are just p1ss takers. :001_rolleyes:

I know, and most of you will know, that a simple eucalyptus dismantle, isn't going to cost £1,100.

I also know that you can't get a cherry picker anywhere near that tree.

My request was for a genuine and honest member of this site to do a job for my daughter for an honest and realistic price.

Thankfully, I have received many responses from Arbtalk members within striking distance of Bury.

I will reply to them individually.

And, yes, please excuse the sepia pictures.

My son-in-law needs to update his photographic skills. :001_smile:

Kevin, you are too subtle for most.

I'm just waiting for someone to say that they will drop the tree and cart away all the leavings for the price of a cup of coffee and two sticky buns. :biggrin:

More correctly I hope to make clear to all those who have kindly PM'd me, that my daughter will pay a fair price to whoever will do a fair job.

I know that the majority of arborists are probably honest and hard working guys and gals.

It is unfortunate that Joe Public (in this instance my daughter) has stumbled across a couple of p1ss takers.

I shall report back and hope to have some better photographs of the tree in bits on the ground or going through a shredder.

However, I expect that will start a further discussion concerning the merits of whichever shredder is used. :001_huh:

Kevin, you are too subtle for most.

I'm just waiting for someone to say that they will drop the tree and cart away all the leavings for the price of a cup of coffee and two sticky buns. :biggrin:

More correctly I hope to make clear to all those who have kindly PM'd me, that my daughter will pay a fair price to whoever will do a fair job.

I know that the majority of arborists are probably honest and hard working guys and gals.

It is unfortunate that Joe Public (in this instance my daughter) has stumbled across a couple of p1ss takers.

I shall report back and hope to have some better photographs of the tree in bits on the ground or going through a shredder.

However, I expect that will start a further discussion concerning the merits of whichever shredder is used. :001_

How do you know the guy who quoted £1100 running costs? How do you that he has to charge that to the job?? Seems like you know so much why don't you take it down. The photos are pants, show nothing of the surroundings or the drag for the waste etc, etc. It's unfair to come on here and call people pee takers because you don't like their methods or price.

Errr ,No

The reason you are getting responses you don't like is because you put this on an open forum.

Steve went to the trouble of setting a part of the forum as read only, you could have used that instead.

Far be in from me to proffer a realistic but necessary response without sounding too sarcastic but here goes...

Suggestion: provide the address for anyone wishing to tender a price for the work with a brief specification for what's required and then you can make a comparison and select whose price you feel is most appropriate for job.

For my sins, ( a subject best avoided at this particular stage) I live and work in BURY. I would be happy to visit your daughters site and follow this up with a quotation. I do own a tracked mewp but really this is not particularly relevant as the speedier take down is outweighed by the higher equipment outlay in my view. Yes it may save time but unless the premier consideration is how fast it could be done that in many senses isn't really relevant.

There are several other tree surgeons in bury who could also undertake such work who haven't as yet diversified into tarmacking or heather bundling and peg production.

please feel free to message me in either the open forum or privately if required should you want a quote.

best regards

Tony Wilkinson