Carpel Tunnel

csservices

Cheers Paul, just come out of subbing groundsman full timefor last two years hands were always worse if had done few full days on the saws especially the big saws, back doing my own stuff now so not been as bedbug few days driving tractor and hedgecutter has set it offering as levers are left hand operated.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had the op just took about a week off, in and out same day, under local anaesthetic, the doctor said it was the toughest one they had ever had, scissors weren't fit to cut it,

I didn't piss about taking weeks off, and with fencing there is no light duties,solved the problem though

Cheers Paul, just come out of subbing groundsman full timefor last two years hands were always worse if had done few full days on the saws especially the big saws, back doing my own stuff now so not been as bedbug few days driving tractor and hedgecutter has set it offering as levers are left hand operated.

No worries matey :001_smile:

Life its full of surprises some good and some bad . My friend of many a year decided to tackle his carpel tunnel syndrome by actually overloading his wrist's and forearms with the addition of power grips aka captain of crush .... Google them ; ) Any how his problems occurred whilst on the checkout at the local supermarket mid 80s / 90s .....non of this bleep bleep malarkey back then ? He is small man and very thin but now he has forearms quite over sized for his frame . Really we should call him popeye :thumbup: Its only in the last 2/3 yrs since working the grips has his pain subsided . Sounds odd even backward but he is happy now and best of all pain free .:001_smile:

Had CTS done on my left wrist Christmas before last. Still need the right one done. Popped scar tissue a couple of times after surgery so I still get a bit of tingling but have never had the dull, achey, dead hands and the associated pain since. I'd advise not to go back into heavy work to soon as you can aggravate the surgery site and you'll need it done again

Hi mate, I'm only 26 but been doing this work since I was about 13 and earlier this year my hands became agony. I was really worried as just can't take that much time off for an operation. They were so bad it was agony just sitting on the sofa doing nothing so I decided to find some stretches on the Internet for cts and did them religiously for a week and the pain massively went down.

Carried on doing them for a month or two and all my pain went and I read knuckle (martial art) push ups can be good for strengthening the wrist and preventing cts so incorporated them too and I haven't had any problems since (9 months later). I never went to the doctors so never had it confirmed as cts but this has MASSIVELY helped me and I just couldn't be doing with 6 weeks of work. Something to maybe try and bare in mind.

I had carpal tunnel , tingling hands etc for years.

I eventually went to a Tuina massage therapist and undertook an intensive week of treatment.

I have not had any recurrence of the problem.

check out Tuina massage on the tinterweb and check out this video.

[ame]

[/ame]

I hope this helps.

Baz

Hi,

I too just got diagnosed with CTS, had the nerve tests and got an appt in a mont to see an orthopaedic consultant to see what he thinks. As well as the numbness/pins and needles in the 4 fingers my hands feel really stiff and achey, especially when I get up in the morning. It feels like my finger joints need oiling! Do you get this too? You can also try wrist splints at night, which apparently help about 40%. Not worked for me but may help you. All the best with it.