My video thred by grey git.

Gray git

I haven't laughed like that for a while watching the rope man do the full pants waddle down the drive with one of those big chunks, bravo nice work sir.

yep good fun vid, is that a beech? supposed to be heavy - never even climbed one let alone seen a specimen face to face.

I haven't laughed like that for a while watching the rope man do the full pants waddle down the drive with one of those big chunks, bravo nice work sir.

yep good fun vid, is that a beech? supposed to be heavy - never even climbed one let alone seen a specimen face to face.

😁he was a fairly new to rigging at that point but now one of my best staff, amazing how quickly rope burn teaches them 😉

No it was sycamore, not nearly as heavy as beech but some of them were quite big chunks, that 390xp has a 28" bar on for scale.

Thanks for the comments and I'm trying to work through quite a lot of footage to make a montage type video of all we do, eventually!

• 4 months later...

Posted this in the grinder thred but thought I'd pop it on here as well, had this footage knocking around for quite a while now and trying to work through it again to do some promotional videos of our different equipment and services.

• Like 1

That's what the thumb attachment's for mate, loading the debris into 45 foot end dump semis.

There's nothing faster. Dude could do a whole week of my removals, 250 stumps, and load them in one day.

Humbling I'm tellin yu!

Jomoco

That's what the thumb attachment's for mate, loading the debris into 45 foot end dump semis.

There's nothing faster. Dude could do a whole week of my removals, 250 stumps, and load them in one day.

Humbling I'm tellin yu!

Jomoco

That I'd like to see, dread to think what the tipping charges would be over here, hell I can't even take grass clippings to my tip now!

That I'd like to see, dread to think what the tipping charges would be over here, hell I can't even take grass clippings to my tip now!

As I recall all the debris went to our local Miramar landfill, and then put into a tub grinder, embedded rocks n all.

It was a federal naval housing renovation contract, 3K removals, mostly eucs on embankments, including stumps.

One of the best aspects of federal military housing or base contracts in CA?

Entire booklets of free dump passes!

Jomoco

As I recall all the debris went to our local Miramar landfill, and then put into a tub grinder, embedded rocks n all.

It was a federal naval housing renovation contract, 3K removals, mostly eucs on embankments, including stumps.

One of the best aspects of federal military housing or base contracts in CA?

Entire booklets of free dump passes!

Jomoco

Just wouldn't happen here unfortunately, everything has to be minimal movement from site, as little landfill as possible and not so many tub grinders around, very affective way of doing it like! Especially on construction sites where all the roots will end up being dug out anyway.

Drove past a site yesterday that is being developed that was cleared and stumps ground about a month ago, massive pile of roots in the middle from where they have pulled them up when doing the top soil strip before digging founds.

Going to cost a fortune to get rid off unless they get a forest mulcher in to run over them but still expensive.

That's why I'm always careful to find out what's happening with the ground afterwards before I start so expectations can be managed better - stump grinder...... not total root removal grinder! 😜

• 6 months later...