workshop compressor,s

Johny Walker

I have just bought a 25L Stanley oil free with all the basic air tools from Screwfix £99, mainly for blowing out saws and pumping up tyres at home. You will need a extension hose 10-20m as the curly pigs tail hose supplied is only 2m long

Lidl have a 50L (tools extra) for £79 this Thursday

The Last 50L one I bought for one estate was about £150 but came with a free tool box and set of spanner, pliers etc. Compressor worked ok but the wheels collapsed!

You pays your money and takes you pic, one thing they are all incredible loud when charging, will have to soundproof mine for use at home.

I use a tankless bench top Ferm unit, it gives a good blast of compressed air and then needs a cuple of seconds to build up back pressure again. It has been a useful unit and you can get air within seconds so no charging up a tank!

Not so good for paint spraying or anything that needs continous high pressure air though!

I have just bought a 25L Stanley oil free with all the basic air tools from Screwfix £99, mainly for blowing out saws and pumping up tyres at home. You will need a extension hose 10-20m as the curly pigs tail hose supplied is only 2m long

Lidl have a 50L (tools extra) for £79 this Thursday

The Last 50L one I bought for one estate was about £150 but came with a free tool box and set of spanner, pliers etc. Compressor worked ok but the wheels collapsed!

You pays your money and takes you pic, one thing they are all incredible loud when charging, will have to soundproof mine for use at home.

just been looking @ the s/f site , got to be chinky @ that money.but its on the money :biggrin:

I'd spend a bit more and get one that's more than 3hp, with a slightly bigger tank. That way you can run all the other tools off it. I got a 2.5hp 25L one, then went to get a power file and die grinder only to find out it wasn't powerful enough to run them.

Try to avoid the oil-free ones, I have had several die on me. I found cheapo oil filled ones go on for ever! Seems logical to me! I got a good one for £100 with 2 hose outlets (very handy!) from ukhomeshopping (don't laugh! they have an amazing spares service and customer service!) The brand was Wolf Power. I have bought 2 of these in the last 5 years, 1 for my workshop, 1 for the lads on the building site. Both have taken some stick in that time and are still going strong. Only thing to watch is the air filter is a bit exposed and can get damaged.

Hope this helps.