Brushcutters ?? recomdations please

Littletree

I'm a husky man through and through but if your buying new don't bother the build quality on the latter Husqy's is properly crap. I used to run two scrub clearance teams with Husqy's and they were always breaking down.

The older 245R's however are brilliant.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Stihl FS 450 is the one I and all the local contractors use round here. Plenty of power and will work all day no problem. Dont get the Kawasaki as mentioned before too much vibration. Tanaka bruchcutter reliable but not as nice as the Stihl to use. Havent tried the Husqvarna's but wouldnt mind trying the 345 RX to compare to the Stihls.

As for the brogio dont bother better off with a tri cut blade, will fit a husqvarna but only just, body of brogio to thick you could end up damaging the splines. the brogios I tried did not last more than an hour chains broke too much power I guess, what do you expect its Italian!!!

Sorry but find it difficult to agree with that one - we changed to broglio head on 245RX for bracken and brambles because we were forever smacking the three corner off stones.

Find the broglio excellent and has certainly lasted a lot longer than an hour! No good on grass / rushes though.

Cheers

mac