Drowned refugee children

SteveA

Ban me you half wits ****

Steady on chap.

The filters are pre-set so that the forum isn't littered with expletives.

Nobody selectively moderated you or your comment.

I think we all got what you meant just fine. :thumbup1:

As for calling to be banned and all that drama, you're either a bit pissed or you've had a bad day.

Want to throw away six years of Arbtalk over this? Nah.

Have another can, go to bed and it'll all be fine tomorrow.

Well by lunchtime maybe, with some food, and alka seltzer. :thumbup:

Night mate.

• Like 1

Where to start......... I'm in the camp (generally speaking) that is fed up with people coming into UK in vast numbers taking jobs 2.5 Million when there are 2 Million UK citizens on the Dole, stretching our Housing, NHS, & other resources etc, etc. However, that sentiment is directed at the Free Movement of Europeans within Europe & I would leave the EU for those reasons.

The situation with the Syrians is totally different though. This is actually worse (in scale) than the Jewish peoples needing to flee the Nazis I. WW2. The geographical area is much larger than most realise & what we're seeing now is only going to get worse. These people are being squeezed between Assad on the one hand & ISIS on the other. Because of this some 75% of the population are at real risk of extermination. These people are genuinely fleeing for their lives and all this talk of Law and staying in the 1st safe haven etc is really just an excuse for an unwillingness to help.

There's only one way to solve any of this & we need the whole of Europe involved:

1. Europe act as a whole in all these measures

2. Accept the reality of the situation

3. Allow them in

4. At 1st European destination administer & assess

5. Distribute all Refugees (YES. Refugees) equally through European Nations ( on existing populations) onbasis that once Syria sorted & sstabilised they will be Repatriated.

6. Combine huge Military forces, invade region WW2 Style not "Modern conflict" style - all out War

7. Obliterate ISIS

8. Get rid of Assad

9. Give the region European Martial Governance (stability) for a decade of course Repatriating the Refugees

10. Build them a Demo easy in that 10 years along the lines of Germany after WW2.

Then after all that sorted we could leave Europe as I would vote for!

"There's only one way to solve any of this & we need the whole of Europe involved:"

Why does it have to be Europe that has to solve the problem? Is it not time that the Middle East started to solve their own problems? Saudi/ Kuwait/ UAE have stupid amounts of money and land....

Europe needs to tackle this because it's Europe's doorstep & Beaches that are on the receiving end. Although there is no harm in seeking the rest of the World's help.

And let's not kid ourselves, if ISIS is not utterly destroyed they will keep expanding, growing in capability until 1 day they're knocking on your door and then you'll be the one begging for help wherever you can find it.

Europe needs to tackle this because it's Europe's doorstep & Beaches that are on the receiving end. Although there is no harm in seeking the rest of the World's help.

And let's not kid ourselves, if ISIS is not utterly destroyed they will keep expanding, growing in capability until 1 day they're knocking on your door and then you'll be the one begging for help wherever you can find it.

This migration crisis seems to be a self inflicted problem though. For every migrant we let in another two will turn up on a European beach. Places like Austarlia were getting lots of boat migrants (that came from the other side of the world) until they stopped letting them into Australia.

There will be ISIS supporters in the migrants that we are letting in. Sunni and Shia Muslims have been fighting for a thousand years. ISIS is not a new problem.... It's a thousand year old problem with a new name.

Over the last ten years how many terrorist attacks have occurred in Europe from people whose background is from outside Europe? Letting them in is not the answer to stopping terrorism.

I may get slated for saying this but here goes. My old man said something the other day that I agree with. Instead of just saying yeah come here and we will eventually go and try to sort their country out why not accept them on the basis that those able enough are trained and sent back to win their country back. Let's face it, they want to be here because of the standard of life we have but we only have that because thousands fought and died for it. I'm not saying what's happening isn't terrible cause it is but I feel we shouldn't just give them everything because of it, they should be made to fight for the same quality of life in their country with support from other countries