The Lidl Florabest grass strimmer....

SteveA

I worked the Oregon, head on my florabest yesterday is it just my strimmer head or is there a lot of vibration when it's on.

Presumably your bearings are good?

There is a fair bit of metal in these heads so best spend a bit of time making sure they run true. Manufacturing tolerances might give you a bit of slack in the mating diameters allowing the head to move out of true.

I had one move after contact with something and the vibrations increased dramatically. Thread tape,paint, plastic or anything to fill that gap if you have one should help. Worked for me anyway.

The other thing is these heads take heavy shaped line which is never going to be as smooth as light round line.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I worked the Oregon, head on my florabest yesterday is it just my strimmer head or is there a lot of vibration when it's on.

I've got the Portek head fitted to our Florabest and the vibrations seem to be okay, normal.... at least it is normal when compared to the standard bump feed head.

cheers, Steve

I have noticed when it spins t her is a slight wobble, as if it's not tight but it is!

That wobble could well be the cause of your vibration.

Assuming no movement in the spindle bearings, I would strip ,clean and reassemble first, might just be a piece of dirt between two mating surfaces.

Could be a bent spindle.

If you have a blade that uses the same mounting disc the blade should also run out of true if the problem is with the strimmer.

It's a long shot but you could try loosening the head and turning it a bit at a time on the spindle to see if you can find a sweet spot. Might be a combination of inaccurate machining that either add together or might cancel out if the position is right.

Having read the whole thread and been waiting (and probably missing) the opportunity to get a Lidl strimmer, there's a florabest multi tool strimmer, hedge cutter, lopper coming out next Monday. Think I'll have a punt for £129!

How many cc's is that one?.... if you get one, do let us know what it's like after a bit of use.

cheers, steve

How many cc's is that one?.... if you get one, do let us know what it's like after a bit of use.

cheers, steve

My other half's Dad has got one of the Titan multi-tools from Screwfix and he is pleased with it. He doesn't use it commercially, just around their garden which is a decent size. He does think it is a bit thirsty. :001_smile:

Nowt wrong with a Berlingo if it is kept well serviced, I've found the same goes for any mechanical equipment.

We're using the strimmer commercially on our own farm - initially to get the grassy paths in between raised beds under control.... about 2 acres of those.

I'll also be giving it a blast through a mountain of bramble in the winter and for clearing smaller woody bits at the edge of our woods.

I'm not saying it's up to the same standard as an oober expensive Stihl, Echo, Husqy, etc.... but I wouldn't hesitate to use it under the same conditions.

Good idea to paint it orange.... but it would have to be Husky orange, not Stihl Orange. :laugh1:

cheers, steve

Its the only Orange that counts :thumbup: