The Lidl Florabest grass strimmer....

SteveA

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 8 months later...

Our Florabest is still running and cutting great.

I've ordered an Oregon two tooth brushcutter blade for it today, for mulching a big wodge of bramble.... looking forwards to seeing how it copes with that.

Also thinking of getting a fixed line head for grass strimming duties but I'm not sure what to get.... can anyone help me decide? At the moment we've got a standard two line bump feed fitted.

cheers, steve

image.jpg.3b135908b481d4214eb2a8898bbcb1d6.jpg

Edited by SteveA

I've ordered an Oregon two tooth brushcutter blade for it today, for mulching a big wodge of bramble.... looking forwards to seeing how it copes with that.

Also thinking of getting a fixed line head for grass strimming duties but I'm not sure what to get.... can anyone help me decide? At the moment we've got a standard two line bump feed fitted.

cheers, steve

[ATTACH]204912[/ATTACH]

Just ordered one of these on recommendation

DECIMATOR!

THink you can only use them on pro strimmers thou :001_tt2:

cheers, steve

[ATTACH]204912[/ATTACH]

Steve, just in case you think it might apply, http://www.hse.gov.uk/safetybulletins/brush-cutters.htm looks at fitting "non-standard" attachments to strimmers. I'm not sure it is the actual article I was thinking of, but I recall seeing something from HSE more recently about fitting alternative cutting heads to strimmers. Maybe a bit nanny state for some but I thought I'd post it just in case it's of interest.

Steve, just in case you think it might apply, Use of chain flail/non standard cutting attachments on brush cutters looks at fitting "non-standard" attachments to strimmers. I'm not sure it is the actual article I was thinking of, but I recall seeing something from HSE more recently about fitting alternative cutting heads to strimmers. Maybe a bit nanny state for some but I thought I'd post it just in case it's of interest.

Not heard that before but thanks for the mention & link Kevin.

Our Florabest came with two metal brush blades so pretty sure it'll be fine with the two blade Oregon mulcher (fairly similar in design aspects).

Fitting metal chains on a strimmer head seems totally nuts considering they only have a flexible plastic guard for protection!

cheers, steve

Rather you than me that looks well dodgy. Just wait for the ball bearing to fly off and kill someone!!

Unless I'm misunderstanding how it works!!

Yeah, Kevin's link made me wonder the same thing. I've gone off the idea of the decimator pretty rapidly. :001_huh:

cheers, steve

Rather you than me that looks well dodgy. Just wait for the ball bearing to fly off and kill someone!!

Unless I'm misunderstanding how it works!!

Cant see how its any different from picking up a bit of pea shingle. British company CE and ISO marked.