The Lidl Florabest grass strimmer....

SteveA

Another vote for the oregon mulching blade which I spent last weekend smashing through brambles that hadn't been touched for years. Easy to use and reduces everything to tiny pieces. Only small problem is it gets a bit angry when you ground it, plus I think it's a bit hard on the strimmer as the gears in the head now feel a bit loose and there is grease coming through to the spindle so I may have shot the bearings. Good job it's got that long warranty....

That's the only trouble with using the mulching blades.... they work extremely well at mulching but if you hit a large stone, drain cover, or other heavy weight object the momentum of the blade causes a serious shock to the bearings and shaft.

I know this because I bent the shaft on a Kawasaki strimmer using the same Oregon mulch head.... that was after hitting a hidden raised metal manhole cover. Twas totally buried in grass and one glancing blow bent the strimmer shaft.... it still rotated but the vibration was something else!! brrrrrrzzzzzz!!!!

The other thing to look out for is stones..... the mulch head will send them flying at a far greater velocity, far further than a standard strimming head. So beware of any cars, Windows, etc in the nearby or not so nearby area!

I've been greasing the Florabest head before each time I've used it so maybe that helps?.... I'm sure it'll die at some point though considering what we're putting it through! :lol:

Whatever, it's been an absolute bargain at £90 and has definitely paid for itself.

cheers, steve

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's the mutlitool round here for £130. I've just picked one up but it will only be used for domestic stuff.

Just bought one on impulse from the local Lidl in Skeggy reduced I think to £109

I was expecting it to be made in China but was pleasantly surprised to see German manufacture, Oregon chain, reasonable quality bar and trimmer and triblade plus strimmer but I already have a decent strimmer, so may not be using that bit.

The whole thing seems strong enough but the penalty may be the weight.

43 cc engine.

I think that the human being also needs to be strong enough hence the price reduction.

Have you found the machine easy to use? The motor may well counter balance the tools on the boom but I am apprehensive about tackling higher branches especially so they do not end up on my head!

Just bought one on impulse from the local Lidl in Skeggy reduced I think to £109

I was expecting it to be made in China but was pleasantly surprised to see German manufacture, Oregon chain, reasonable quality bar and trimmer and triblade plus strimmer but I already have a decent strimmer, so may not be using that bit.

43 cc engine.

I think that the human being also needs to be strong enough hence the price reduction.

Have you found the machine easy to use? The motor may well counter balance the tools on the boom but I am apprehensive about tackling higher branches especially so they do not end up on my head!

I got that machine earlier this year.

It's ok if you have time and patience!!

And the hedge cutter is useless if using the extension tube.

I bought it for the pole pruner and that works well enough for me. 3-4 uses a year I would think.

Not used and of the strimmer bits.

Overall for the reason I bought it (pole pruner) it's fine

I got that machine earlier this year.

It's ok if you have time and patience!!

And the hedge cutter is useless if using the extension tube.

I bought it for the pole pruner and that works well enough for me. 3-4 uses a year I would think.

Not used and of the strimmer bits.

Overall for the reason I bought it (pole pruner) it's fine

Good, that is what I bought it for but I may use the triblade cutter without extension.

As people have said, it is only a weapon in the armoury to be used occasionally and for £109 it looks to be a good deal

43 cc engine.

Sorry to be negative but I very much doubt its German made for £120. Usual thing is to have some reference to Germany on the packaging or "technology of Germany" written somewhere. Its going to be Chinese look for PRC

Sorry to be negative but I very much doubt its German made for £120. Usual thing is to have some reference to Germany on the packaging or "technology of Germany" written somewhere. Its going to be Chinese look for PRC

Very likely I would say. My Chinese multi tool came via Germany.

However just because it's Chinese doesn't necessarily mean it's going to fall apart after a day's work.

Very likely I would say. My Chinese multi tool came via Germany.

However just because it's Chinese doesn't necessarily mean it's going to fall apart after a day's work.

I was expecting the chain to be from the WANGfangdu factory but the chain, the bar and the triblade cutter are all Oregon

The parts seem to be assembled by "Einhell" in Germany but you may be correct if they have the bits made in China.

Discover our company history! - Einhell Germany AG

Anyway I put it together today and tried the chainsaw with the long extension on some 2 inch yew branches which had started to shade the house.

Perfect job, no lack of power, no vibration and the weight of the whole set up made the saw feel more stable.

The harness actually suited me, a left hander and the weight of the motor balanced the weight of the saw once the harness was tightened properly.

The job would have been very difficult without the tool as the ground was too uneven and sloping for a ladder.

I copied this from google

Good value as its 4 tools in one.

Versatile garden aid which functions as a lawn trimmer, weed cutter, hedge trimmer and pruner with a powerful, 2-stroke 1.35kW (1.8 hp)petrol engine

With maintenance-free electronic ignition

2 protective sheaths, protective glasses, mixing container, 100ml bio chain oil, carry strap, tool bag, assembly tool and instructions included

Cubic capacity (cm³): 42.7

Max. motor speed (rpm): 9200

Fuel tank capacity (L): 1.2

• 9 months later...

These 4-in-1 petrol multi-tools are back in my local Lidls next weekend, for £129, and I'm tempted to get one for some odd jobs about the place.

One question for those with one or similar Lidl tool, what fuel do they specify and what mix ratio? I'd plan to run it on Aspen 2 if it's happy with a 50:1 mix but don't want to void the warranty.

https://www.lidl.co.uk/en/Non-Food-Offers.htm?articleId=4094

These 4-in-1 petrol multi-tools are back in my local Lidls next weekend, for £129, and I'm tempted to get one for some odd jobs about the place.

One question for those with one or similar Lidl tool, what fuel do they specify and what mix ratio? I'd plan to run it on Aspen 2 if it's happy with a 50:1 mix but don't want to void the warranty.

https://www.lidl.co.uk/en/Non-Food-Offers.htm?articleId=4094

I'd save your money and buy something decent! Unless of course it for twice a year jobs.

I've got one and use it for the pole saw which is fine for what I need as in 3-4 times a year. I run it on my normal 2 stroke mix. Stihl green at 50:1

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk