The Lidl Florabest grass strimmer....

SteveA

The Ryobi Expandit AFH04 needs a bit if fettling to fit a Stihl, nothing drastic a few mm of the outer black plastic sleve.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Arbtalk mobile app

Yes I remember you saying when I broke the ryobi engine, I was going to buy a km56 head but I still have an old oregon pole pruner, stihl long reach hedge cutter and some saws so I found it cheaper to buy a normal hedge trimmer and forget the kombi.

As I still have the ryobi bits I was looking for a use for them.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd save your money and buy something decent! Unless of course it for twice a year jobs.

I've got one and use it for the pole saw which is fine for what I need as in 3-4 times a year. I run it on my normal 2 stroke mix. Stihl green at 50:1

It may well only get used 3-4 times a year. I'd also use it to see what tools I use most before deciding if I need to buy something better. (I.e. buy a better quality multi-tool or a couple of specific tools.)

That's interesting, I assumed it was just because the engines weren't as well made so needed bit extra oil. Probably makes sense when you think on a global scale where fuel quality can be lower

Same here, especially when some machines list 25:1.

I'll probably mix up a 40:1 mix to start with, or email them and see if they say Aspen 2 is ok.

Same here, especially when some machines list 25:1.

I'll probably mix up a 40:1 mix to start with, or email them and see if they say Aspen 2 is ok.

I would just use 50:1.

It's not needed to use any more than that if using decent oil (any decent synthetic) they are only covering themselves in case people use the cheapest mineral oil they can find.

Mine runs fine on stihl green.

The rest of it will drop to bits long before the engine is knackered imo

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

It may well only get used 3-4 times a year. I'd also use it to see what tools I use most before deciding if I need to buy something better. (I.e. buy a better quality multi-tool or a couple of specific tools.)

Also the hedge cutter attachment is shockingly poor. It will only cut soft stuff like thin small growth privet.

If you can be bothered to stand there all day it does a half decent job on the soft stuff though. Pole saw is quite good.

Never even put strimmer on so don't know about that!

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk