The Lidl Florabest grass strimmer....

SteveA

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does it look decent quality for the money? I'm really after a strimmer, but guess the hedge cutter and lopper might come in useful if it will last a few years...

I've just been and got one.

Quality is not bad at all for (so read good) for £130.

I've only picked it up for the pole pruner bit really as I don't want to spend hundreds on one that will get used 3-4 times a year!

The hedge cutter may come in handy too as it has the extra extension pole.

Worth a punt for the money I think.

They must be reasonably confident as it has 3 year warranty even though it's only domestic it's better than Stihl etc give you on most stuff.

• 1 month later...
Just seen the response! Thanks, think I've missed it now!

Hopefully the strimmer will be back in stock soon...

Steve, still going well?

Yeah, it's still going great & has tackled a mountain of gnarly bramble (using an Oregon mulching blade for that).

The harness is pants, rubbish, so that's worth an upgrade.

Apart from that I just make sure the head is regularly greased.

cheers, steve

They have the chainsaw sharpener again next week, think ill go get one. for 20-odd quid its worth a punt. I always hand-sharpen but the machines are good for getting all teeth back true and same-length again. Anyone tried one of these lidle-ones?

Yes, there's another thread on here about them somewhere. I have had one since 2012, only gets domestic use but still going up to now.

• 3 weeks later...
Yeah, it's still going great & has tackled a mountain of gnarly bramble (using an Oregon mulching blade for that).

The harness is pants, rubbish, so that's worth an upgrade.

Apart from that I just make sure the head is regularly greased.

cheers, steve

Another vote for the oregon mulching blade which I spent last weekend smashing through brambles that hadn't been touched for years. Easy to use and reduces everything to tiny pieces. Only small problem is it gets a bit angry when you ground it, plus I think it's a bit hard on the strimmer as the gears in the head now feel a bit loose and there is grease coming through to the spindle so I may have shot the bearings. Good job it's got that long warranty....