The Lidl Florabest grass strimmer....

SteveA

Fixed head? Can't think of the term the non bump feed ones like a jet fit head like you use. And thicker stuff as in thicker line and on thicker stuff as in brambles etc.

Yea sorry . Was just pulling your leg . New what you meant really . My feeble attempt a mirth

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The scythe is much better on big spaces if you can use one without cutting yourself!!

My dad nearly took his thumb off years ago sharpening one!! Be careful with them! A great tool though

When I was 14 and working part time on a pig farm I nearly cut my thumb off when sharpening a hand sickle. Very deep cut.... funnily enough you don't forget something like that and learn to respect those old hand tools! :001_rolleyes:

The quality of the metal and craftsmanship that goes into making the scythe blades is amazing.... apparently that is why they fell out of favour in the UK.... because the UK scythes were big heavy objects and the blades were heavier, thicker and generally not as good quality.

Anyone that hasn't used an Austrian scythe is missing out. I think they are one of the best hand tools out there.

Cheers, steve

Thankyou :thumbup1: Might get one of those sometime in the future.

For now I'm finding the metal blade is working well for the longer grass and bramble.... once we've got it all a lot shorter will change back to the bump head.

I did sharpen the Florabest metal blade with my scythe wet stones.... it made a noticeable difference. Worth keeping in mind.

cheers, steve

Not joking. That's the figures I read for the stihl spec. About the same it seems I will check though.

Blimey, and to think I was seriously thinking of buying a used FS130, (at about £250) before I got tempted at the Lidl avenue of dreams. :lol:

cheers, steve

Blimey, and to think I was seriously thinking of buying a used FS130, (at about £250) before I got tempted at the Lidl avenue of dreams. :lol:

cheers, steve

You could buy one for every day of the week, and still have change to take your good lady out for a meal with what you have saved from the price of a new FS130. Makes sense to a lot of people I would have thought.

Vibe figures seem right BTW