The Lidl Florabest grass strimmer....

SteveA

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

....rips!

Picked one out of the Lidl avenue of dreams today for £90.... just £90! £90! with a 3 year warranty.

It starts well, first pull and absolutely rips on full revs! It surprised me.

If it only lasts one season, or two seasons....then I can take it back for repair or replacement

And at only £90 whats not to like about that?!

Thanks for the tip - I braved the Lidl in Kemptown and picked one of these up. First impressions are that it's worth it for the £90. Just going to change the head for a fixed line one (as recommended elsewhere on here). Will report back if it proves to be a lemon.

Thanks for the tip - I braved the Lidl in Kemptown and picked one of these up. First impressions are that it's worth it for the £90. Just going to change the head for a fixed line one (as recommended elsewhere on here). Will report back if it proves to be a lemon.

Not sure I've used a fixed line head before?.... do you have a link to the thread for that?

We've used it a few times now and it's doing a grand job so far.

But I do prefer using an Austrian scythe on bigger patches.... because it's MUCH quieter, without fumes and vibrations and cuts faster.

Strimmers are however much better on narrow paths.

cheers, steve

Edited by SteveA

Not sure I've used a fixed line head before?.... do you have a link to the thread for that?

But I do prefer using an Austrian scythe on bigger patches.... because it's MUCH quieter, without fumes and vibrations and cuts faster.

cheers, steve

Here you go - http://arbtalk.co.uk/forum/landscaping/91616-brushcutter-line.html

A bump head is still better if you're using 3mm line or less and just doing grass. You want a normal head if you're using the thicker stuff on thicker stuff.

Whats a " normal head " ? :001_smile: " for thicker stuff on thicker stuff " :001_smile:

Edited by Stubby

cheers, steve

The scythe is much better on big spaces if you can use one without cutting yourself!!

My dad nearly took his thumb off years ago sharpening one!! Be careful with them! A great tool though