The Lidl Florabest grass strimmer....

SteveA

....rips!

Picked one out of the Lidl avenue of dreams today for £90.... just £90! £90! with a 3 year warranty.

It starts well, first pull and absolutely rips on full revs! It surprised me.

If it only lasts one season, or two seasons....then I can take it back for repair or replacement

And at only £90 whats not to like about that?!

Produktdetails

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you using this at home or for a business?

If at home, great.

If you rock up at a customers site with a ninety quid Lidl strimmer and try to charge him £300 per day, you might raise a few 'credibility' eyebrows.

Just saying like.

Most customers would not know a florabest from a stihl they only care about the job you do not the tools you use.

Most customers would not know a florabest from a stihl they only care about the job you do not the tools you use.

Depends who you're working for. If and old chap's bought the Lidl trimmer and just thought after a few months "sod it I'll get a pro in with some heavy duty kit"...

Then matey rocks up in a Berlingo with his home user Lidl strimmer and starts hacking away at the grass, I'd imagine some doubts would spring into the customers mind.

The main argument for charging more than customers think they should pay has always been "to buy the kit I'm using today would set you back £xxxx's. Are you going to spend that for a one off / twice a month / etc job?"

Same reason the guys pressure washing new build houses/driveways aren't asking if they can plug their Aldi pressure washer into the customers socket in a long extension.

Do it right or don't do it at all. :thumbup1:

Depends who you're working for. If and old chap's bought the Lidl trimmer and just thought after a few months "sod it I'll get a pro in with some heavy duty kit"...

Then matey rocks up in a Berlingo with his home user Lidl strimmer and starts hacking away at the grass, I'd imagine some doubts would spring into the customers mind.

The main argument for charging more than customers think they should pay has always been "to buy the kit I'm using today would set you back £xxxx's. Are you going to spend that for a one off / twice a month / etc job?"

Same reason the guys pressure washing new build houses/driveways aren't asking if they can plug their Aldi pressure washer into the customers socket in a long extension.

Do it right or don't do it at all. :thumbup1:

The OP says it rips not hacks the grass so why would the customer bother what make it is.

I myself would never use one because id imagine the vibes are high and the echos i use would outlast them 10x.

But for someone starting out or only doing a small amount of grass cutting you cant go wrong at that price.

The OP says it rips not hacks the grass so why would the customer bother what make it is.

I myself would never use one because id imagine the vibes are high and the echos i use would outlast them 10x.

But for someone starting out or only doing a small amount of grass cutting you cant go wrong at that price.

"It rips" ... Compared to what? My FS90? My Kaaz Danarm Kawasaki VF500? My Kawasaki KBL23A's?

Or the Ryobi thing he got from Screwfix last summer?

I'm not decrying the OP for his purchase, which is why I asked what he was intending to do with it.

Why you're jumping to his defence while admitting you wouldn't use one because your Echos would last 10x as long (making them a better buy unless they're over £900 each) and the vibes would make them uncomfortable to use for prolonged periods is beyond me.

You've made a perfect case for not buying them for pro use yourself, before giving the OP a chance to qualify what it was bought for.

Relax man! :thumbup1: I'm not attacking the guy for buying it, I asked a question.