Lake District relocation

Dave110

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure it's as good nowadays from what I've heard;)

How can it be? I'm not there anymore!

Yes, I heard that they had a few difficulties in recent years, primarily due to being shafted by the University (formerly UClan) in regards to funding and enrolment - so they got taken over by UofC, and there was a second similar battle until the Askham Bryan buy in and subsequent relocation to Ambleside.

I know the head of school and a few other members of staff, and in short, although there has been a tumultuous few years, everything seems to be going much better now at the new site.

So, best of luck to the school and its students. It would have been easy to pack it all in and move on, but from what I know the staff have worked really hard to keep the School of Forestry going so they can share their wisdom with the future foresters of the world. All praise to them.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks guys, I have been keeping busy but will always need more work and contacts. I'm not fussy and just want to pay the bills and stay outside. Pete, nice to hear from you although the landy comment could have been worded better :P . Thanks for keeping in touch, may finally be moving into the new place in a week or so!!!

Thanks guys, I have been keeping busy but will always need more work and contacts. I'm not fussy and just want to pay the bills and stay outside. Pete, nice to hear from you although the landy comment could have been worded better :P . Thanks for keeping in touch, may finally be moving into the new place in a week or so!!!

Do you mean moving to the new place back down south?

You'll never survive a Northern winter so you should quit now and come back.

David A misses you too.