Lake District relocation

Dave110

I’m starting a degree in Forestry with the University of Cumbria and thought I would start this thread to find any other applicants on the course and to also get chatting to the local arb and forestry guys.

We have sold up down South and will be located in Gatebeck, just outside Kendal.

I will be looking to get on a local beat so any suggestions for shoots will be welcome. If there are any rock climbers, cavers or cave divers out there then give me a shout as I’m always up for getting out and having a play.

Plus see my post on the employment section if you want a hand cutter or climber with up to date work and first aid tickets…

I think it’s good to know the local lads and firms, so make yourself known on the tread or with a PM!

Cheers, Dave

Dave has been working for me as a freelancer for about two years and his abilities as a tree surgeon, hedge cutter & fencer are exemplary.

It's hard to believe that Dave has only been at it for a relatively short time because the mature attitude and ability that he brings to the work site is that of a seasoned veteran.

Also, he has global experience as a cave diver, pot-holer and ice climber, therefore his focus on team safety and rescue systems is invaluable.

If you run a mediocre tree related business then don't hire Dave, he'll make you look bad.

Dave - I have various contacts in the area, other then the ones mentioned above, including some excellent Forestry crews which may well be more suited given your course. PM with your contact details and I will pass them on.

Incidentally, you will have a great time at UoC doing Forestry. I did it myself a number of years ago at the old Newton Rigg site - excellent times...

Dave has been working for me as a freelancer for about two years and his abilities as a tree surgeon, hedge cutter & fencer are exemplary.

It's hard to believe that Dave has only been at it for a relatively short time because the mature attitude and ability that he brings to the work site is that of a seasoned veteran.

Also, he has global experience as a cave diver, pot-holer and ice climber, therefore his focus on team safety and rescue systems is invaluable.

If you run a mediocre tree related business then don't hire Dave, he'll make you look bad.

Credit, where credit is due!:thumbup1:

Dave sounds like a top bloke.

I'm sure he'll craic on well.

Dave - I have various contacts in the area, other then the ones mentioned above, including some excellent Forestry crews which may well be more suited given your course. PM with your contact details and I will pass them on.

Incidentally, you will have a great time at UoC doing Forestry. I did it myself a number of years ago at the old Newton Rigg site - excellent times...

Not sure it's as good nowadays from what I've heard;)