Who greases

aspenarb

At manufacturer stated hours. Pump till you see movement then stop! Auto grease is a worthwhile investment!

We had that on the harvester crane. Downside is that you do have to check they work and not just over grease one part because the line is blocked or broken. Oh and the fun of the big tub of grease which always makes a mess changing it.

We had that on the harvester crane. Downside is that you do have to check they work and not just over grease one part because the line is blocked or broken. Oh and the fun of the big tub of grease which always makes a mess changing it.

The ones I've used have been 4-5 standard grease cartridges each going to specific points with its own ram dispensing different amounts to where it's needed. Worked well.

• 2 years later...

My Draper leccy grease gun was getting a bit gungy so I gave it a quick squirt of brake cleaner and a wipe. The fecking thing melted and the switch glued itself to the outer casing, with a lot of patience and a stanley knife I just about got the switch moving enough to use it. Must be made  of crap plastic, never seen that before  :thumbdown:

76204614-BA4B-45E9-99B0-C95984421FC4_zps

B9A1265B-F9B7-43D3-80DC-FAA8BF9C2B58_zps

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, aspenarb said:

My Draper leccy grease gun was getting a bit gungy so I gave it a quick squirt of brake cleaner and a wipe. The fecking thing melted and the switch glued itself to the outer casing, with a lot of patience and a stanley knife I just about got the switch moving enough to use it. Must be made  of crap plastic, never seen that before  :thumbdown:

76204614-BA4B-45E9-99B0-C95984421FC4_zps

B9A1265B-F9B7-43D3-80DC-FAA8BF9C2B58_zps

We used to have that gun, worked fine for 2 years then every seal and spring in it seemed to have problems at once, it was taking longer to get it working each time than I was gaining over just grabbing a manual one. 

Have a milwaukee now and that's brilliant to use and well built (so far).

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, gdh said:

Have a milwaukee now and that's brilliant to use and well built (so far).

Its been ok as a greasegun but may well be at the end of its serviceable life then , I certainly wont be spending anything on it. From what I have read the Milwaukee gear is among the best but I just cant find it in me to shell out that kind of money, I may well have a look at the dewalt to see if they have a greasegun that will use the same batteries as my drill.

Bob

On 16/06/2018 at 17:30, aspenarb said:

Its been ok as a greasegun but may well be at the end of its serviceable life then , I certainly wont be spending anything on it. From what I have read the Milwaukee gear is among the best but I just cant find it in me to shell out that kind of money, I may well have a look at the dewalt to see if they have a greasegun that will use the same batteries as my drill.

Bob

I have the Milwaukee and it is always in the truck along with two manual guns. One with a straight and one flexy end. Its really good, loads of power so will blow blockages and makes greasing really easy. The Manuals are only there because there are 3 nipples across all the kit that you can't get the milwaukee on.