Schliesing 200MX Wood Chipper

Johny Walker

9 hours ago, Ty Korrigan said:

@Mick DempseyWhat are the obvious differences in construction over the 750kg class?

Or the nuances which make a Schliesing worth the extra?

I did briefly own a GM200 which I thought a machine for life. 

I might still dip into the GM pool again if their Evo proves solid but my wife is keen for me to look outside the box for our next chipper.

Stuart

Rich summed it up, more agricultural build, heavier.

• Like 1

I have a scheisling 440 pro chipper on my mog. it’s a good chipper but not without its issues. For example i have a recurring problem with the bottom infeed roller bearings breaking up. the plus side is it’s very easy to work on and not a major issue to swap out.

ive had a green mech quadchip for the last 7-8 years. had a flywheel bearing issue early on which was sorted under the warranty and a problem with the hydraulic oil rad but again that was easily sorted. It’s not out everyday and tends to go out on smaller pruning work when it’s not worth taking the mog but has still been a good chipper. Honestly I can’t see it ever being replaced unless I sell the mog inwhich case i might get a larger tow behind or tracked machine 

I have an old mx 220 , not owned it long but seems a good machine for its age and many hours, always impresses me when it’s out on site .
looked at and hired some of the newer tracked forst and TW machines in view to buy and I’ll be honest and say they didn’t impress us too much , feeling pretty femme, nearly got a TR8 until it dropped its hydraulic oil over a football pitch at the end of the day... seems you can get a decent second hand Schliesing fairly cheap now.

• Like 1