Online arb course to bridge to level4

Joe087623

Hi all,

I was looking into doing level 4 with treelife through distance learning but would ideally want to have the level 2 done first, unfortunately this is not carried out online, can anyone suggest any online course that would be a good bridge? Something similar to the level 2. I was looking into certified arborist through ISA, don't know if this would suit or not. Any help would be great, thanks! :D

ISA cert arb would be fine. I did that before I did tech cert which is the old version of the L4. I had done national certificate as well but that pretty much covers the same stuff as ISA. Have you spoke with treelife they are doing L2 now. You will need a certain amount of under pinning knowledge to do L4 so you are going about it the right way.

Good luck

Thanks Chris!

That's perfect, yeah tree life are doing level 2 but living in Ireland leaves online learning the only option, I was told they are thinking of doing the level 2 online but they're not sure when. So hopefully the ISA course will be enough to get me going on the level 4. Thanks again for your help :D

Are there any other training providers that offer courses online? I've been looking into wanting to start doing tree reports etc

Yes. Both Myerscough and Capel Manor do L2 online. Realistically you will need L4 to start doing tree reports though. You may get away with L2 for basic risk surveys (at a push) but once you start looking at mortgage reports and BS5837 you will need at least L4, L6 preferably for the latter as it is covered better at that level. Just my experience, others may disagree.

For info, about 60% of my work is 5837 and about 30% is mortgage reports and damage assessment. The remaining 10% is risk so I wouldn't want to rely on them. That may be that I don't really focus on risk surveys with my marketing as I don't like doing them. Find them a bit boring.

Not awfully sure to be honest, tree life seems to be the best way to go, and was told to try ISA to do something similar to their level 2. So ISA might have something to suit

You are right. My advice is go with treelife. They are a really good training provider. I've done loads with them. PTI, tech cert, L6, bats, mortgage reports, etc. Always go back as never disappointed with what I get out of the training. Cant say that for everything I go on.