price for a job help

Daniel666

Err, is the last paragraph for him or me?

That was a reply to your suggesting I offer the bloke advice.

Pricing without seeing a job in my opinion is stupid and I would never do it. I was nearly offering a guide.

Okay, there's wires crossed here. My original post was aimed at the bloke quoting by tree height x money. I guess I quoted you because I felt what I was adding on to what you were saying.

See, no harm was meant :biggrin:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a pointless thread I've offered you the most sensible solution if you know how long it is going to take you charge appropriately simples!

Here's a little bit more charitable advice. The chap should also have an aerial rescued trained groundy if he is going to climb he also needs public liability insurance and as he will need a groundy with these qualifications he will also need employers liability insurance. Not saying by any means he hasn't got all these in place just adding a few more penny's worth of advice. How much do you think I should charge for that?

You can charge what the feck you like chap, I won't be paying the bill !...:001_tt2:

Im sorry but if your asking for a price on a job ( by picture ) then you don't know how long it's going to take ! , if you don't know how long it's going to take , then you haven't climbed many trees ! , if you haven't climbed many trees then anyone trying to offer a price (by picture) would/could have the climbing done in a fraction of the time it might take you ! .

It's not a dig pal , everyone has to start somewhere , my advice would be get an experienced climber to take a look and let him give you an idea on time scale ! ? , take into consideration his day rate and then yours ! . And then for the future just start taking on single small/medium trees at a time so you can start to gauge how long it will take YOU as jobs with multiple trees could end up with you massively out of pocket and stressed !!..... And that's not why we're in the game ! 😉

Work for what you require financially, surely your capable of working out how long each tree will take then equate the time to days and equate that to your daily rate ? If that is a bit much then I would suggest your out of your depth. Only a fool will work on another mans day rate - you need to do submit a quote based on what it will cost you + x% profit

Why not book a contract climber to work for you. That way you could get the work done AND learn some useful stuff at the same time. Doing this would help you into the game and you will get an idea of what to charge based on your current ability.