Buying petrol at Morrisons

humpo48

Dropped in to the local independent petrol station on the way back today.

60 litre of petrol in cans, (and 62 litre of diesel in the van), no silly rules and service with a smile, that's why they get my business and not Tesco :thumbup1:

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The daft thing is, with all the Supermarkets, they all have a 'Trading Law' department. They lay down the internal rules of what the stores can and cannot do to be compliant with the Law. But geared in a way to maximise sales.

The issues you guys have been encountering are probably down to the local branch manager, who in reality, is only interested in stacking shelves.

Just what I heard, I'm not bothered who it was as it benefitted me in the end so happy days, Just a shame you have to be careful what you say / post.

Who did you hear this off?

Let me make one thing clear........ I'm no grass!

Send me your contact details this evening, I'll come and see you tomorrow to sort this out.

Back to the OP. I got grief fueling up at a tesco away from my area a few years ago. The dragon arrived to chastise me after I had filled 3 5 ltr cans. Thankfully the flames she breathed didn't cause us to go up in a fireball.

Then I googled and all I found was fire brigade recommending 17ltr max. To help them control potential fires easier.

A local supermarket to us seems to employ wannabe dictators in the fuel station. I'm glad they are there and not making our lives harder in other areas. Police, etc.

I have done the cans in the back trick with success. Trouble is you need to start that way. Not after a confrontation.

Who did you hear this off?

Let me make one thing clear........ I'm no grass!

Send me your contact details this evening, I'll come and see you tomorrow to sort this out.

Hi eggs you told me you had time to go meeting people if you have time then come down Somerset by the way you will need to get them pumps out soon with all that rain you had today 😜😜😜thanks Jon

Hi eggs you told me you had time to go meeting people if you have time then come down Somerset by the way you will need to get them pumps out soon with all that rain you had today 😜😜😜thanks Jon

I ain't really got the time Jon, what I won't stand is pricks like Daniel Jiggens accusing me of being a grass, apparently he's a man mountain....... Not man enough to answer his phone mind.

I ain't really got the time Jon, what I won't stand is pricks like Daniel Jiggens accusing me of being a grass, apparently he's a man mountain....... Not man enough to answer his phone mind.

Morning Eggs,

Just to clarify a few things.

1/ I was given the information by the 3rd party firm and as I said 'Apparently' in my first post which I presume you missed!

2/ The bigger man knows when as you put it 'Wind there neck in' instead of gobbing off.

3/ The bigger man does not hide behind there screen with an alias name.

4/ The bigger man does not contact a family home late at night with a wife and kid listening to some hot head threatening to come over and sort me out.

5/ And yes I am a bit of a man mountain but I would never condone violence or threaten / intimidate some one over a petty thing on the Internet.

6/ You clearly have my details 'To come and pay me a visit' as it's not hard to find as I post under my name.

And please as you put it 'Don't throw your teddy out the pram' as what I have said is true and factual and I am happy to post the PM and voice mails you have left.

You have obviously searched my name to look up my details and if you continue to do so I will take this further.

Oh and I get my fuel from BP and never had any issues.

Have a good day, Fellow arbs and Log merchants (And everyone else who is in this industry, Oh sorry don't think that includes you matey).