Weibang Legacy 56 VR Pro

Pigglet

I think the Weibang looks really good its nice to see a competertor in the roller mower market. I currently run a kubota 21" Roller its a good machine however the roller / gearbox system is a weakness. I can apriciate they wear out but to charge around a 3rd of the price of a new mower is unfair. I have been through some roller bearings too. I am typing this on a xaomi ( Chinese smart phone) and its brilliant. The carburettor on my German Stihl tools says Zama made in China. As long as the parts are cheap and readily available i think they will be great. I am looking at buying the Weibang dedicated mulcher the kawasaki motor is ment to be good and has a large tank so you just keep walking from dusk till dawn.

• 1 year later...

1 hour ago, GA Groundcare said:

Appreciate this is an old thread but any reviews from folk which may of had them for some time now? 

TIA.

Seems to be a good machine, much better than the hayter 56 pro and picks up better in the wet. Only cons are it's heavier to lift on and off a truck throughout the day and is a bit cumbersome in small gardens, although the slowest speed does help ?

I’ve had mine for 2 years now. With the exception of a yearly service and sharpening the blade haven’t had to touch it. Really is a very good roller mower, cuts better in the dry or the wet than a hayter, will fill the box to the brim, even the customers say how much nicer the lawn comes up using the weibang. Only downside is the weight, if you can live with that then it’s perfect

update on this for anyone interested  I run a legacy 56 pro  been sending it to the delar for its 1 st and second year service for the warrenty etc  and last week was using it and it started jerking when you engage the drive I have owned various lawnflights and Hondas so I  know all the gearbox problems and symptoms of them to well   phoned the delar right away and he said the usual if I get any worse bring it in  a couple days latter went to use it no drive atall  took it in and the gearbox needs a full rebuild  its under warranty but even so ive been without  my 22 inch  for 3 weeks now  after the delar showing me one of the gearboxes in the shop saying look at  how much stronger and better built than a Honda one it is which in fairness to the chap it was but it seems they still break .   the Kawasaki engine is faultless okay the oil filters are dearer than I would like  at 25 quid  but I can put up with that pickup  including wet collection is brilliant  only better machine for this I have run is the etesia but then your paying more for them so you sort of expect it  I can see they would be heavy for some people  but I do believe the weight  helps to make them stripe brilliantly for finish id say there second to none  they do a have split roller like the haters  which I like  just like to add this machine only gets used twice a week maximum so not had a lot of use  as we don't do much small-scale mowing so its certainly not been hammered or abused 

hope this helps someone 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

In October 2018, I had a 22 inch on demo. It would be replacing our hondas. 

I was impressed with the speed and quality of the cut so made the dealer an offer for the demo machine and also ordered a new 19 inch with blade brake. 

The Demo gear box machine was faulty and the 19 inch from new was also faulty. I returned them both and was fully refunded. 

• 1 month later...

I Bought a weibang pro roller 56 in August 2017 it did the beginning of last summer ok. I notice when new it was great at wet collection but it's not so good recently and I clean the collector bag from time to time.

At the end middle of last summer I took it to local dealer for service to keep with up warranty conditions and they had it for three weeks in June. In September the drive belts were messing about. All though they did not look worn they kept slipping the drive felt lazy under load it would stop. So I orderd new belts this did not help a thing. There is also a roll pin on the drive sprocket for the roller this snapped a few times to. Easy fix if you have a roll pin to hand but a pain in the bum. The bearings in roller had worn out by this time so I took it back to dealer. They did under warranty however I only picked it up last Week The 15th of February. I used it today and it was messing around on with the drive slipping.

I know it has a larger split roller, longer warranty, gets more work done & maybe slightly better finish than Honda roller but after having a bad experience I would rather a Honda or Honda style Machine because they are simple and less is best & while webianngs on the ramps Honda is running lawns.

Wonder if you guys have had any bad experiences with bang bangs ?

Bought mine April of last year, seams to be working fine heavy old machine. No complaints, thank God. Starts fine and probably due its first oil change, blade replacement.

The collection is tons better than a hayter. I havent run a honda so i dont know what there like.

Mines a Legacy Pro 56 roller. A blade brake would have been handy to run it along without blades spinning. Or up a scaffold plank to load it into my pickup.