how many phone lines have you broken?

justin131

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 in 19 years to my shame. Tree had about 8 wires going through it, and I had done a pretty good job of missing everything...the one bit that brought it down was a piece I nonchalantly cut as I didn't think it could do any damage....a small stub about 8" long and about 2" thick

Aren't these the ones that always catch you out :blushing:

I won't own up as I've not that many fingers:blushing: but we do try to disconnect the lines from the poles wherever possible and sometimes throw a line over the 'lines' to pull them clear a little.

Some lines are badly attached to old houses and it is the hook in the wall that gives away.

It's no fun when the line has actually been absorbed by the branch!

The French are pretty lax about their 'reseau airien' as they call over head lines.

To the point that recently a chateau we are working at found (or rather we found) that it's electric supply had just be casually laid on the surface through the woodland to an out house as a previous owner didn't want any unsightly poles in the garden.

Ty

Edited by Ty Korrigan

I was climbing for a guy a few yrs ago - he had a pole mounted chainsaw and was crown lifting - he managed to cut a bt bundle cable with it - bad day! - the bill to him was £500.00

I caught one in the hedgecutter and had a great deal of difficulty unwinding about 30 metres of it from the flail head as the whole tractor was + 60 volts.

The track I was on lead up to a large house, so I thought I had better let them know, the old dear who answered the door provided me with the perfect comedy moment, she thanked me and said she would call British Telecom straight away

I caught one in the hedgecutter and had a great deal of difficulty unwinding about 30 metres of it from the flail head as the whole tractor was + 60 volts.

The track I was on lead up to a large house, so I thought I had better let them know, the old dear who answered the door provided me with the perfect comedy moment, she thanked me and said she would call British Telecom straight away

:laugh1:

Think the best 1 still has to be where I took down a big conifer where the line had been absorbed by a branch so I simply cut either side and left a 8"long 3"across log in mid air, 2years on and I still spot it when I go past

Done the same about 10 yrs ago, still swaying in the wind now