75 members have voted

1. 1. Which one?

• Stihl 261CM
    • Husqvarna 550xp

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My vote has to be the 550 as I've used both and the 261 just feels clunky and dated to me. That said if I was in the market for a new 50cc saw then the Echo would definitely be a contender as would the makita/dolmar both of these seem to be gaining popularity with commercial cutters and they're usually a fair indicator of what is/isn't worth having.

Stop. Stop this now !

Killjoy. I've already diaried three fifteen-minute slots in my schedule over the next day or two to check back in on this post. And now I see there is a poll running, I think you really are rather rude to want to stop all our fun. After all, we need to find out what everyone thinks.

Stop. Stop this now !

Oh please do,

Dont these people know how to use 'search'!!!

Personally, Id buy niether - I much prefer a ching chong chinaman special where the chain break snaps off & the chain is never at the right tension.

N

You guys really felt the need to post those sarcy comments? Didn't use a search function as I wanted relevant up-to-date opinions. Keyboard warriors; you didn't post a reply when the thread went up, but now your piping up when a couple of other lads are having a genuine conversation about some echo saws. The threads old news. So are your views. NFG - "Ching chong chinaman"???? That's no better than using the "N" word. Wind your neck in

If you have a husky or a stihl, I would stick with the same make.

Some of the folks responding to this thread were victims of earlier units acting up. They both had teething problems, but most of their issues are well behind them now.

The 550 handles nicely, and weighs a bit less than the 261. The 261cm has loads of power though, especially modified. I would get whichever appeals to you most.

If you have a husky or a stihl, I would stick with the same make.

Some of the folks responding to this thread were victims of earlier units acting up. They both had teething problems, but most of their issues are well behind them now.

The 550 handles nicely, and weighs a bit less than the 261. The 261cm has loads of power though, especially modified. I would get whichever appeals to you most.

Ahh the dulcet tones of sound reason!!