75 members have voted

1. 1. Which one?

• Stihl 261CM
    • Husqvarna 550xp

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a thread on here somewhere concerning an issue with the sprocket and bearing assembly on Stihl 261's, never had any issues with Stihl's myself but I plumbed for the '550XP' anyway !...

Re; Spur vs Rim for 261, about 6-7 threads bellow this one !...:thumbup:

• 3 weeks later...

I'm in a similar predicament at the moment with which saw to buy. One of our 346's has just broken apart requiring a new crank, piston and cylinder, even Spud says its not worth fixing. Don't want to get a 550 as had one already and really didn't get on with it, loads of problems when starting when warm and nowhere near as good as the 346. Have heard loads of problems about the 261 but what other options are there? Open to suggestions Echo, Makita, etc. Want something similar size to 346 for woodland management and chipper saw. What should I get?

Can't tell you which echo to buy, but if echo make something which fits what I need I buy it. it's is after buying a little cs420 es two years ago, brilliant and has never put a foot wrong. I now have brush cutter, hedge cutter and their small top handle. When any of the other saws or kit needs replacing it will be echo unless husqvarna or stihl match their reliability.