Stihl MS362 M-tronic won't start when warm

broadwaytrees

There I was about to buy a new 661 and this topic appears.

Think I'll buy the 461 as it and the 880 are the only saws that stihl haven't fitted with the new mtronic system.

The last 2 big saws I bought were the 461 and the 880 , my dealer told me to grab them before they change them too , have just bought the MS 200C with m-tronic so this is a first for me .

Ste

• 5 weeks later...
My 362 has the same problem. Starts fine when cold. If I let it sit for 10 minutes once warm, will start; otherwise, when hot, won't start. It is brand new. I've paid the shop I bought it from $150 in "fixes". Stihl Northeast says it is the solenoid - they said it right away but claimed it isn't a "regular problem with the saw". Again, they seemed very familiar with the issue but claimed they haven't had steady complaints about it.

My saw went back to stihl HQ today via the dealer. It has been repaired 4 times now. Each time it has worked for a week or so, then starts playing up. Spoke to Stihl and they keep wanting to replace the solenoid!

I use my saw day in and day out, so it needs to work full stop. The saw is 11 months old and I think I have been unable to use for 2 months out of the 11.

When the saw worked it was great, but to be honest I'm going back to Husky.

When I read how so many people have had problems with the 362 it makes me angry when Stihl make out that only I am an isolated case!!

Recall or refund Stihl!!

My saw went back to stihl HQ today via the dealer. It has been repaired 4 times now. Each time it has worked for a week or so, then starts playing up. Spoke to Stihl and they keep wanting to replace the solenoid!

I use my saw day in and day out, so it needs to work full stop. The saw is 11 months old and I think I have been unable to use for 2 months out of the 11.

When the saw worked it was great, but to be honest I'm going back to Husky.

When I read how so many people have had problems with the 362 it makes me angry when Stihl make out that only I am an isolated case!!

Recall or refund Stihl!!

Out of interest and if you font mind saying..what have you been using while the 362 has been giving you all this grief . Have you still got some non electronic carb saws that you find mostly reliable. Iv gone as far as the ms 361 but stayed clear of m tronic for now.

Simon

My old 357xp has been retired so I have been left using my ms441 2010 model pre auto tune. I'm having to swap bars over. Anything from 16 to 24 inch bar. Heavy saw for some jobs. Stihl don't get that I put my money and faith in them, to sell me a saw that should allow me to earn a living. Without a saw I can't work. It's as cut and dry as that. Each time the saw has been repaired I have been without it 2 weeks +

• 2 weeks later...