To rent a yard or not?

simonm

I have been renting a bit of land for a few years now i pay peanuts for it, just found out that someone has blabed to the council that i am on there, ive put a few sheds up for logs etc and to be honest its great, i can tip off have a big fire etc. Now by the time ive paid rent, business rates and add up the cost of materials for the sheds, tractor forklift log splitters and the hassle that comes with it, is it really worth it?

Who tips their arisings free on the understanding that all the log goes to the same place as payment? it seems a lot less hassle and would save money financially in the short term.

Whats the council saying? Someone did the same to me. Reported me for keeping my tractor on a farm! The owner did not want the hassle so kicked me out. I went from paying nothing to £500 a month!

Basically its green belt, not commercial usage so i am fU#*ed dont know what the financial impact is as of yet but its gunna be a lot more than the £100 a month ive been paying. Just think for all the time ive spend pratting about burning rubbish fixing machines to move logs and so on, is it worth it? there was someone on here that would take sweeping & chip and in return wanted all the log as payment, sounds a lot less hassle. Plus finding land to buy is impossible.

Been there rent a yard

I don't like renting, always feel like they've got u over a barrel, there is a few farms in pissing distance from where i live what i could enquire about, who will let me put a pole barn up store machines & logs fire etc :sneaky2:

We bought 2400m2 with a business mortgage, buildings with permission to expand, main roadside access, great advertising and it will all only increase in value over time.

Well worth it, repayments less than renting.

Ty

I have looked relentlessly for over a year, expanded the area, knocked on doors, even offered 1 bloke twice the amount what he paid for a bit of land that's sat doing nothing and no joy :confused1: its like people dont want the money in their pocket?

A friend of mine used to fit carpets in between doing his day job nothing serious just for friends /family for a bit of beer money although when the inland revenue turned up on his doorstep they didn't see it in quite the same light as him anyway it turned out some of the local carpet fitters dobbed him in and it cost him nearly 20k in fines, just a little 'food for thought' as to who may have burst your bubble matey !...