Husqvarna King

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In that case, I agree with 18 stoner.

Yeah, think thats the way, the only thing is, once i've taken the two large limbs off in the direction of the fall, i will have to take so much off the back that it will pretty much be a full dismantle.....will try and remember my camera:biggrin: Thanks for all the advice:thumbup1:

The anchor screws in, ex-military, getting like hens teeth these days as they're worth more as scrap due to their weight. I also have a drive in one but its only really suitable for self-recovery or a light pull.

dito we have an ex army ground anchor think my boss got it from anchor supplies.com we have pulled some rather large leaning trees over with it god send for tricky fells :wink:

I used a ground anchor techinque once that was very usefull. We drove 3 large stakes into the ground at 45 degrees (leaning away from the tree). Each stake behind the next. Anchor your wich to the base of the one closest to the tree. You use a ratchet strap to secure the top of the stake to the base of the one behind to stop it getting pulled over. Secure the last stake to your truck.

We felled 7 large Scots pine like this and some had hefty leans.

Yeah, think thats the way, the only thing is, once i've taken the two large limbs off in the direction of the fall, i will have to take so much off the back that it will pretty much be a full dismantle.....will try and remember my camera:biggrin: Thanks for all the advice:thumbup1:

Now do NOT forget the camera, we are all dying to see the job!

are you saying the tree has a girth of 40feet at breast hieght?has a back lean into the garden and you want to put a tractor and rope on it and try and pull it into a field?

SWB are you on the right thread? Thought you may have mistook this one for the FEELING thread???????????????