Advice for a newbie

Gbuggle

Hi Gbuggle,

Here at Lynher Training we offer several ELCAs packages which are generally arranged in a block to accommodate travelling down and staying locally for a few weeks. This offers a mixture of theory and practical courses to get you started in your new profession. As suggested above, having time with an experienced employer will stand you in good stead but also do talk to local employers about what kind of qualifications/certificates there are looking for so you get the training you need to make a good start.

We are happy to talk you through anything so did get in touch if you'd like some further advise.

Hope that helps. Good Luck

Lynher Training

Thanks for the well wishes!

I look forward to getting amongst it! But in the meantime is there any essential literature I should get my head in?

The Sun

Sport

Razzel

These are almost always found in one of the Trucks in any Tree Crew.

Hi Gbuggle,

Here at Lynher Training we offer several ELCAs packages which are generally arranged in a block to accommodate travelling down and staying locally for a few weeks. This offers a mixture of theory and practical courses to get you started in your new profession. As suggested above, having time with an experienced employer will stand you in good stead but also do talk to local employers about what kind of qualifications/certificates there are looking for so you get the training you need to make a good start.

We are happy to talk you through anything so did get in touch if you'd like some further advise.

Hope that helps. Good Luck

Lynher Training

Thanks lynher training, I'll keep that in mind, although I have a young family and the wife is currently studying a degree in midwifery, meaning that a residential package is not ideal and I will have to keep it relatively local.

however the endgame is to hopefully relocate to Cornwall once we are both qualified! *fingers crossed*.

No problem. We offer the City and Guilds/NPTC Level 3 in Forestry and Arboriculture for Ex-military/ELCAs and if you look at the qualification handbook (link below) there is a reference section at the end of each unit which will give you quite a library! Just read through the units and see what interests you and the books available for that topic.

http://cdn.cityandguilds.com/ProductDocuments/Land_Based_Services/Forestry_and_Arboriculture/0077/0077_Level_3/Centre_documents/0077-03_L3_Qualification_handbook_v2.pdf

Or the Level 2 Forestry and Arb link:

http://cdn.cityandguilds.com/ProductDocuments/Land_Based_Services/Forestry_and_Arboriculture/0077/0077_Level_2/Centre_documents/0077-02_L2_Qualification_handbook_v2.pdf

Hope that helps. Cornwall is a great especially when the sun is shining like today.

Lynher Training.

No problem. We offer the City and Guilds/NPTC Level 3 in Forestry and Arboriculture for Ex-military/ELCAs and if you look at the qualification handbook (link below) there is a reference section at the end of each unit which will give you quite a library! Just read through the units and see what interests you and the books available for that topic.

http://cdn.cityandguilds.com/ProductDocuments/Land_Based_Services/Forestry_and_Arboriculture/0077/0077_Level_3/Centre_documents/0077-03_L3_Qualification_handbook_v2.pdf

Or the Level 2 Forestry and Arb link:

http://cdn.cityandguilds.com/ProductDocuments/Land_Based_Services/Forestry_and_Arboriculture/0077/0077_Level_2/Centre_documents/0077-02_L2_Qualification_handbook_v2.pdf

Hope that helps. Cornwall is a great especially when the sun is shining like today.

Lynher Training.

Thanks a lot! I'll have a good look through.

The wife and I fell in love with the place a few years ago and just keep being drawn back, the place is beautiful and the folk are friendly, win - win!

• 1 month later...