Diesel tuning chips....mmmm.

adbat234

13 hours ago, Hodge said:

Did you get your ranger done by PAC tuning? I hear lots of good things about PAC, Ranger owners swear by them..

was done by Celtic firstly, but have now had the dpf and addblue removed and egr blocked and that was all done by Avon

interesting ref PAC, hopefully he'll be able to do the new v6 ranger

42 minutes ago, Stihl123 said:

was done by Celtic firstly, but have now had the dpf and addblue removed and egr blocked and that was all done by Avon

interesting ref PAC, hopefully he'll be able to do the new v6 ranger

Having a DPF/Adblue delete is a fantastic reason to have a 'full' remap if you are already thinking about upping the power. Luckily all mine are too old.

Have you been for an MOT with the delete and was it all OK?

4 minutes ago, doobin said:

Having a DPF/Adblue delete is a fantastic reason to have a 'full' remap if you are already thinking about upping the power. Luckily all mine are too old.

Have you been for an MOT with the delete and was it all OK?

not been for an MOT yet, i have a couple of friends in the industry...

On 15/05/2022 at 08:39, Hodge said:

I had a tunit plug and play on my TD5 defender many years ago and it caused no end of issues, I removed it in the end. I then had a remap done buy a reputable company but it also caused no end of problems, it used to snap manifold studs regularly due to the heat created by having more power. I won't fiddle about with engines in this way again unless I really need too. I hope yours is ok Stubby.

you need to upgrade the manifold & studs

Had tuning boxes on both of our softroading TDI Tiguans for about 2 years. Both have done over 30,000 miles with the boxes fitted. Both give more torque, and the later engine gives a noticeable lift in performance at higher rpm. The older car is noticeably more torquey than the newer engines car. The newer car which had 150 BHP as standard is now a flying machine at higher rpm. We do bigger annual mileages than 12 k and if trying we can get 50mpg from both cars on a 20 + mile trip.

We’ve seen no reduction in mpg through tank top ups and calculations against litres/miles done if you ride the torque and keep the revs down.

If you hammer them, or tow to the weight limit the mileage can drop to around 37mpg.

Personally I’m a fan of tuning boxes and had one on my 2 litre Audi a few years ago without issues, and did over 75,000 miles with it fitted.

I also have a remapped diesel Mercedes which is great but cost several hundred pounds against the boxes at £70 apiece.

• Like 1