Grounds maintenance

simonm

Good luck with the contract! I'll be web trolling tomorrow trying to get me a piece of the pie!! 😉

It will pay off eventually.

However the best route to market i have found is actually going to talk to the store managers of stores like halfords, b&q etc and finding out who is responsible for the management of the landscape.

With industrial estates they are very often built for trust fund investment and there will be one company which manages the estate for the owner, it is that company that you want to find out and contact directly.

The best way is if they find you, like this current contract did through our website :thumbup:

Best of luck

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will pay off eventually.

However the best route to market i have found is actually going to talk to the store managers of stores like halfords, b&q etc and finding out who is responsible for the management of the landscape.

With industrial estates they are very often built for trust fund investment and there will be one company which manages the estate for the owner, it is that company that you want to find out and contact directly.

The best way is if they find you, like this current contract did through our website :thumbup:

Best of luck

I'm on it 👍👍👍

I found a lot of B&Q sites seem to be looked after by ground control who used to advertise for people on here. It might be worth contacting GC and asking if you can on their contractors list.

They also do the Sainsburys around here, UK landscapes do Morrisons, Aldi, Asda. I do snow clearing for UK landscapes and a friend does gritting for ground control both are good companies to work under.

I have the opportunity to get into grounds maintenance on a few industrial units we do tree work for, i have always turned it down in the past but now i have another lad working also it would be nice to have a bit of regular ish money coming in. I have done a lot of grounds maintenance in the past as an employee but have never priced it as my own job. Question is, is grounds maintenance a profitable thing to be involved in? around my way every tom dick & harry seem to be out mowing grass! not exactly rocket science.

Hello,

I'm in dronfield so work in sheffield alot and £25 an hour is about average honestly i never price on an hourly rate usually what the job entails. To be honest up north to put it that way everyones at it and contracts are hard to find usually they either are found by someone knowing of you or searching for you on google. mail shots and leaflets have never worked for me and even cold calling into industrial units found that they will find you if they want you amongst the other 100 ground maintenance companies around here. If you can get the contracts easily take them just use them as beer money and to invest in equipment for the future.

I'm currently looking to get into such things as vegtation management and mewp hedging simply because tom dick and harry wont invest or cant afford to. so basically buying into a niche market .

Hope that helps happy to answer any questions.

I do enjoy MEWP work when its not too bouncy a Mewp and can get a decent rate for it, good advertising for your work as well when you can be seen from the street (stick a site board by the front). But if it goes wrong its going to cost you a lot more time than a normal equipment failure would. And some lads don't do it (which is understandable) but some only decide that when they're up doing the top of the hedge!