Alpine tractor talk

the village idiot

Articulated or front steer- What are people’s preferences for alpines. Which is the most manoeuvrable? Im looking at reverse steer, and would be mostly grass cutting/ flailing.

How is the Antonio Carraro regarded?

Antonio Carraro are a well regarded make. I had a small articulated Goldoni and now I have a front steer pasquali. I went front steer as it allows me to have a front loader and can be more stable on a steep slope. However driving the articulated one was more fun!

• 4 weeks later...

I'm looking to fit a loader to my BCS Volcan 750. Obviously no where is open, but I've emailed Kilworth for prices etc.  My question is do any other loaders fit and what attachments do people find the most use?  I was thinking a bucket with grab for brash and timber (possibly based on forks) and a 4 way bucket for chip.

Cheers

Mark

Here's my alpine. BCS Volcan 950 dual steer, 91hp.

Not fully put it through its paces yet as I spent all me budget in the tractor! Just got a fork lift for it and have some duals and a flail on order.

Next step is a winch and a timber trailer when I've saved my pennies.

Available for hire with an operator if anyone is interested.f3138f35fcaf02618503bb317cfc7da0.jpg32401295486244be7277d9bfa0ac8a0c.jpg

• Like 1

On 1/1/2018 at 20:57, aitch said:

Here's my alpine. BCS Volcan 950 dual steer, 91hp.

Not fully put it through its paces yet as I spent all me budget in the tractor! Just got a fork lift for it and have some duals and a flail on order.

Next step is a winch and a timber trailer when I've saved my pennies.

Available for hire with an operator if anyone is interested.f3138f35fcaf02618503bb317cfc7da0.jpg32401295486244be7277d9bfa0ac8a0c.jpg

Nice, I'd be interested to see how you get on with the duals.

• 3 weeks later...

Much as i love it i think its time to part with my alpine. Any thoughts on what it would be worth?

bcs invictus 35hp plus timber trailer and skidding winch. Also have chipper, flail, box grader and roller. Cheers. I will stick on arbtrader when i have worked out price

AEFE1C77-FF6E-45CF-A76E-99E63D95EE59.jpeg

Depends 

10 hours ago, kav said:

Much as i love it i think its time to part with my alpine. Any thoughts on what it would be worth?

bcs invictus 35hp plus timber trailer and skidding winch. Also have chipper, flail, box grader and roller. Cheers. I will stick on arbtrader when i have worked out price

Depends on year, hours, service history but tractor alone would be between £8 to £10k

• Like 1

On ‎29‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 07:15, kav said:

If it helps as a starting point for finding a figure, I felt like I got a good deal paying £13500 (+VAT) for an AGT 835 Forestry with uniforest 35M and Zanon 1.2m flail. just under 70 hours on the clock.