Alpine tractor talk

the village idiot

I looked into some chains for the Logbullet, quoted £400 per pair plus vat [emoji15][emoji385][emoji1361] 
Absolutely crackers money. 

Could be worth a look?

Not sure if they would also fit some of the smaller alpines.

1 hour ago, IronMike said:

Just had a quick scan mate, almost but not quite. I need 26x12x12 and none that size on there. But I’ll maybe drop them an email and ask, cheers for the tip.

Igland dealers might be able to help you. Igland is owned by one of the largest snowchain manufacturer in Norway, Nøsted - Trygg. Another alternative is Lilleseth snowchains, but I don't know if they have dealers in the UK.

WWW.LILLESETH.NO

The U-grip chains they offer are some of the best you can get.

3 hours ago, IronMike said:

Just had a quick scan mate, almost but not quite. I need 26x12x12 and none that size on there. But I’ll maybe drop them an email and ask, cheers for the tip.

Don’t try to make things difficult looked on Amazon loads of chain more than one design £100 a pair ish plus import should get a set of four for less than £300

• 2 years later...
10 hours ago, Chamski said:

I had issues pulling timber trailer up a slope with my AGT. In the end, I moved the axle on the trailer backwards to put more weight on the rear axle of the tractor. This made a huge difference especially when moving longer lengths of timber.

That's an issue with the trailer design, not the tractor! You wouldn't be complaining when that lack of weight on the wheels meant that it skipped across the bog without falling through 😉

Realistically, alpines are not the best tractors for timber extraction.

• Like 1