Alpine tractor talk

the village idiot

• 2 months later...

At the risk of turning this into a for sale thread I'm also very regrettably shutting up shop on the alpine tractor side of my business, first few implement adverts on arbtrader today but all the kit is going. Based  around a low hours 2014 AGT850, it has been my ideal setup and excelled itself on rural arb and small forestry jobs. Fast across sites, and about as much tractor power (+ an implement) as you can move easily with a 3.5ton towing set up, the TP chipper on it is faster that a lot of 8inch road tows, and the winch and skidding grapples speed and power saves a lot of time on the right jobs, also has very recent AGT front 3pl kit and hydraulics. Lots of photos on mcewanforestry on FB, but the kit list is (all new to me) AGT850, TP175 pto chipper, Country 3.9m crane and trailer, RSL skidding grapple, Balfour 9 ton splitter, Uniforest 35m pto winch, Dragone140 flail and an ifor GP146 tri axle. I'm only selling to help get on the housing ladder and plan to focus on my consultancy work and smaller contracting jobs. A lot of thought and far too much research went into the set up, and it's all the best kit for the task that I could find. Ideally I'd keep it all to retirement, but can't justify it, and hopefully the set up or parts of it  will be as much of an asset to another business as it has been to mine.

Forgot to say I have the side control kit for the crane if you want to get your FMOC with it, as well as lots of other random kit like forklift, towing T bar etc, and can until the trailer goes can help with delivery. I'm not a machinery trainer but also happy if someone is new to the kit to spend time showing them round it, moving some logs round the yard etc. 

On 15/07/2019 at 12:56, Andrew McEwan said:

At the risk of turning this into a for sale thread I'm also very regrettably shutting up shop on the alpine tractor side of my business, first few implement adverts on arbtrader today but all the kit is going. Based  around a low hours 2014 AGT850, it has been my ideal setup and excelled itself on rural arb and small forestry jobs. Fast across sites, and about as much tractor power (+ an implement) as you can move easily with a 3.5ton towing set up, the TP chipper on it is faster that a lot of 8inch road tows, and the winch and skidding grapples speed and power saves a lot of time on the right jobs, also has very recent AGT front 3pl kit and hydraulics. Lots of photos on mcewanforestry on FB, but the kit list is (all new to me) AGT850, TP175 pto chipper, Country 3.9m crane and trailer, RSL skidding grapple, Balfour 9 ton splitter, Uniforest 35m pto winch, Dragone140 flail and an ifor GP146 tri axle. I'm only selling to help get on the housing ladder and plan to focus on my consultancy work and smaller contracting jobs. A lot of thought and far too much research went into the set up, and it's all the best kit for the task that I could find. Ideally I'd keep it all to retirement, but can't justify it, and hopefully the set up or parts of it  will be as much of an asset to another business as it has been to mine.

I work with Andrew regularly and can vouch for the research that's gone into, the maintenance of and low hours of all this kit. Its all great stuff??

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 07/01/2017 at 09:49, Petemate390xp said:

Hi, it's done 200hr since total rebuild. Its had all new bearings, driveshaft, new roof, new wheel arches, new cables, rebuilt butt plate, new 16ply tires, new pipes and fuel line, the rams have been redone, seriously heavy duty mesh to protect the driver and cab braced with a further 2 triangles of CDS tubing to make it ultra safe. This tractor does everything it should do and more. There's a rebuild thread on my Facebook page if you want to go and have a look at it there, https://www.facebook.com/P-Hughes-Co-Tree-Surgery-Forestry-North-Wales-288570637825929/

I'm not giving it away, it really is a fantastic little tractor. It's just that I'm thinking of selling it to help finance a new project. I'm looking for a County, Valtra, mB Trac.

Did you ever sell the holder. I could be interested.

• 3 months later...

Hi everyone. Thought it better to resurrect this thread rather than start a new one. 

I have an agt 850 with a 3 ton trailer. I am actually a little disappointed with the towing performance going up hill. It has the power but I suppose due to the weight of the tractor VS the weight of the trailer it just goes in to a spin. Even on made up stony ground all 4 wheels are spinning. 

Is there anything I can do to aid traction? I have seen some pictures on this thread of some models with extra wheels on the back. Would extra wheels and wheel weights make much difference? Thanks, 

John