Vintage Jonsered 621

landyman

Hi there,

I have a problem with my fathers jonsered 621. Runs fine for a bit then pressurises the fuel tank and stops. I have checked everything that I know andcant find anything wrong so I'm figuring that pressure from the cranckcase must be seeping through into the fuel tank.

The real question is does anyone know where I might be able to source a gasket set for it. I have part numbers and have tried a couple of places in the states but to no avail.

Many thanks

Pete

621 with fuel in the crakcase rather than having a seperate fuel tank suffers terible with todays fuel, it will actually boil in the tank after a short period, as much as it pains me to say this try Aspen, bugger that really hurt.

That explains it .My uncles old Jonsered used to pressurise the fuel tank and I never understood how it could happen

621 with fuel in the crakcase rather than having a seperate fuel tank suffers terible with todays fuel, it will actually boil in the tank after a short period, as much as it pains me to say this try Aspen, bugger that really hurt.

My 1970 vintage one always have ran perfectly, but that's with Aspen alkylate premix - not pump gas.....

• 2 weeks later...

Evening guys. Just a follow up from this thread. Have taken advice and tried the old 621 on aspen, set the carb up just right and it runs just fine. None of the problems that we had before. Good advice. I'm sure theres plenty of older problem saws which could be cured by just changing to Aspen. Wow never thought I'd see the day that I used it.