stupid replies

Joy Yeomans

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why has it got to be jack of all master of none. Can't people be multi skilled?

I think in the majority, people shouldn't be; they should focus on what they are the very best at, removing other things to hobby catagory by process of elimination. A journalist would be an example of the extreme - a little knowledge about a lot - very dangerous. I'm all for sticking with one thing. I used to be in another industry for 20 years; people ask if I miss it; it's not a thought I give any time to because it's a distraction to focusing on the now. There used to be a clapped out lwb transit around here with green sign-writing on it along the lines of:

"Gardening, Landscaping, Building, Kitchen & Bathroom Fitting, Plumbing, Painting & Decorating, Security, Site Maintanance, Estate Management & Control" :lol::lol::lol: I mean come on, what the hell is all that about?!

Jack of all trades, Master of None would have said it so much better.

In my work sphere if you have a new harvester, you're a driver. If you have an old one, you're a mechanic (and under it every weekend). It's not productive to be both but with a middle aged machine you end up being just that - and it does my flippin head in!

Edited by TimberCutterDartmoor

Most self employed here could add machine driver, cutter, truck driver, mechanic, social worker, shrink ,doctor, money lender,financial adviser, diplomat, accountant, office worker, estimator ,surveyor and fool to their list of qualifications.

Bob

Have we met? 😁 you forgot to mention that we're also underpaid and under appreciated ;)

Most self employed here could add machine driver, cutter, truck driver, mechanic, social worker, shrink ,doctor, money lender,financial adviser, diplomat, accountant, office worker, estimator ,surveyor and fool to their list of qualifications.

Bob

Most of that happens indoors before even leaving for work!!