stupid replies

Joy Yeomans

Or maybe hire in people that are more qualified than you I mean I no jack but my lads well there genius in there own trade

Fair enough, hire folk in, if needs be.

I've got work to do on my jetting machine this weekend, didn't know how to do it...... Do I run it into a company that want £45/hour to sort it, like feck I will. I spoke to a mate of Jons who talked me through what I needed to do and how to do it, he sent me part numbers for the parts I needed and did me a wiring diagram for the electrics.

Jack of all master of none!:thumbup1:

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got work to do on my jetting machine this weekend, didn't know how to do it...... Do I run it into a company that want £45/hour to sort it, like feck I will. I spoke to a mate of Jons who talked me through what I needed to do and how to do it, he sent me part numbers for the parts I needed and did me a wiring diagram for the electrics.

Landscaper have to be jack of all trades think I'm going to start a thread with what we do day to day.

Most self employed here could add machine driver, cutter, truck driver, mechanic, social worker, shrink ,doctor, money lender,financial adviser, diplomat, accountant, office worker, estimator ,surveyor and fool to their list of qualifications.

Bob

This reminds me of the customer with a tricky tree who asks you when you are quoting - 'How exactly will you do it'? And you can see them making a mental note of everything you say - then they try to do it themselves.

Then a week later you get a call

'Hi, err would you like to come and finish the job off, we got a 'friend' in and he ran into difficulties'

It's the customer who is spending (or not) so he chooses, NOT the expert.

Why if we all don't agree on one topic thread or another that people post stupid wind up comments when someone expresses an opinion.

ok debate like grown ups for or against the topic/issue/point of view.

but why post stupid comments??

it just winds folk up.

ok ...no it winds me up and quite a few that I talk to who don't even go on arbtalk anymore cause it winds them up too much. This stupid sarcasm.

I feel your pain Joy! What some people view as stupid sarcasm others find hilarious....its what makes us all different, and one of the things people consider when they choose who they socialize with. Theres no pleasing everyone, and with so many people posting on one site, all with a different sense of humour then of course people are going to get annoyed with each other. Thankfully help is at hand though via the ignore function. Im not sure why more people don't use this, perhaps human nature they need to see what is being posted by the people they dislike so much!

I wish I had the privelege of being able to use the ignore function.

Use it Joy, shape the forum into what you want it to be, everyones happy :)