stupid replies

Joy Yeomans

Why if we all don't agree on one topic thread or another that people post stupid wind up comments when someone expresses an opinion.

ok debate like grown ups for or against the topic/issue/point of view.

but why post stupid comments??

it just winds folk up.

ok ...no it winds me up and quite a few that I talk to who don't even go on arbtalk anymore cause it winds them up too much. This stupid sarcasm.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why if we all don't agree on one topic thread or another that people post stupid wind up comments when someone expresses an opinion.

ok debate like grown ups for or against the topic/issue/point of view.

but why post stupid comments??

it just winds folk up.

ok ...no it winds me up and quite a few that I talk to who don't even go on arbtalk anymore cause it winds them up too much. This stupid sarcasm.

This evening you ain't debating like a grown up! People haven't agreed with you so you have decided to start a pointless thread because you've thrown your teddy.

Back to the other thread: if some of us stuck too one way of earning a living we would be broke in a matter of months!

Take me for example, my work is mainly drainage, it wouldn't pay the bills on its own so I sub into pump/pipe work companies to make it work.

Why shouldn't a gardener do a bit of tree work, or put a fence up etc?

Same with any other trade... We get what we can when we can.

This evening you ain't debating like a grown up! People haven't agreed with you so you have decided to start a pointless thread because you've thrown your teddy.

Back to the other thread: if some of us stuck too one way of earning a living we would be broke in a matter of months!

Take me for example, my work is mainly drainage, it wouldn't pay the bills on its own so I sub into pump/pipe work companies to make it work.

Why shouldn't a gardener do a bit of tree work, or put a fence up etc?

Same with any other trade... We get what we can when we can.

:thumbup1:well said:thumbup1:

I started a new thread as I didn't want to be accused of derailing which I thought it was.

I understand we all do other bits.. not a problem.

yes one of our guys does a bit of fencing. We used to do gardening years ago. But what I stand by is what I originally was trying to say. I still think to do forestry you can't just come in off other trades.

so you are ok with someone going in to a shop if his building work drys up and buying a chainsaw and start doing tree work on your patch next week.

I don't mind. I expressed an opinion fine people don't agree with me fine

I just don't like the endless stupid comments after replies have been posted

yet another here about throwing my teddy

prime example

I started a new thread as I didn't want to be accused of derailing which I thought it was.

I understand we all do other bits.. not a problem.

yes one of our guys does a bit of fencing. We used to do gardening years ago. But what I stand by is what I originally was trying to say. I still think to do forestry you can't just come in off other trades.

so you are ok with someone going in to a shop if his building work drys up and buying a chainsaw and start doing tree work on your patch next week.

I don't mind. I expressed an opinion fine people don't agree with me fine

I just don't like the endless stupid comments after replies have been posted

yet another here about throwing my teddy

prime example

Joy, Your just spouting on!

You ain't reading what other people are saying, are you?

What would it bother me if a builders work dried up and he bought a chainsaw and started doing work on 'my patch', whatever that means? Next week. I'm not in 'your' industry.

Stupid comments indeed!