Fracture Pruning Retrenchment on Fulham Oak

David Humphries

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like the gypos have been doing it right all along.

joke...................................................................

Having done a bit of that i can fully appreciate the time that took ! Good job !

Were pleased with the out come, as most of the team were new to the technique, and the overall spec was a learning curve.

It was generally very well recieved by the locals, who didn't make any comments about Pikie Work, and appreciated the aesthetics of the look in its woodland setting, and also the pre, during and after information signs that are on site.

Time wise, this was not particularly a commercial job (dont tell me boss though) but took approximately 4 days to complete.

We are attempting to keep people away from the root plate so eventually the chestnut pailing will be removed leaving the dead hedge, which will be topped up periodically.

Dead hedging is a very good way of managing people and trees, and for getting shot of brush.

Pile it high and aim for something akin to Beechers Brook!

Looks good, nice job. What was the final spec on the reduction? 10% of total crown dimensions? From what you were saying about it in your earlier posts I had expected a much harder result.

Like the dead hedge target exclusion method. I find it hard to sell round here because people either assume you just want to dump your brash or they're worried local kids will set it on fire.

Very nice job sir.

Looks good, nice job. What was the final spec on the reduction? 10% of total crown dimensions? From what you were saying about it in your earlier posts I had expected a much harder result.

Like the dead hedge target exclusion method. I find it hard to sell round here because people either assume you just want to dump your brash or they're worried local kids will set it on fire.

Very nice job sir.

After reading your imput Tony, we decide on a significantly smaller reduction of around 15% of TCD (whats 5% amongst friends)

If needs be and the Armilaria really gets a hold, then we can return at a much later date to reduce further.

We are fortunate with our Dead Hedging here in the leafier parts of North London, as of yet no arsonists touch wood!

If you get a chance trial one in a woodland setting using brash with fresh leaves still on.

Take a series of shots to help you sell it to clients.

The bushy greeness looks relatively unflamable, and creates great habitat for bugs, birds and mamals.

'Some' clients really like these green credentials you can potentially offer.

I'm a bit puzzled as to why this thread has not thrown up any serious criticism,

the usual suspects are far too quite.

I know this isn't everybodies cup of tea !

Come on chaps lets see if we can get some debate on the issue.

Thats partly what this Forums for, it shouldn't all be back slapping should it?

We're all here to learn and occasionally put forward views which may help others, but constructive criticism is part of that process.

I'm a bit puzzled as to why this thread has not thrown up any serious criticism,

the usual suspects are far too quite.

I know this isn't everybodies cup of tea !

Come on chaps lets see if we can get some debate on the issue.

Thats partly what this Forums for, it shouldn't all be back slapping should it?

We're all here to learn and occasionally put forward views which may help others, but constructive criticism is part of that process.

OK if you insist,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,FOUR DAYS? and you left the crap!