Wholesale bulk firewood ideas

Big J

delivered 3 cube bags into Edinburgh today £120 a bag, would like to see the £60 a bag guys try for £120 you can afford to lose 50% of your customers remember.

vPKU2N

uTuJaZ

uTmcEC

An hour each way and 44 miles, so 88 mile round trip approx and probably 3 hours of time. Running a Landrover and big trailer thats £1.50 a mile, plus your time. So its cost you `£120 to deliver, that would be as cheap on a pallet carrier at £35 a pop and no time wasted/lost.

You just want a good margin to be able to absorb that sort of cost.

I am looking more toward using stacked crates so more volume and a higher sell price and a pallet carrier for the further afield stuff.

A

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An hour each way and 44 miles, so 88 mile round trip approx and probably 3 hours of time. Running a Landrover and big trailer thats £1.50 a mile, plus your time. So its cost you `£120 to deliver, that would be as cheap on a pallet carrier at £35 a pop and no time wasted/lost.

You just want a good margin to be able to absorb that sort of cost.

I am looking more toward using stacked crates so more volume and a higher sell price and a pallet carrier for the further afield stuff.

A

I agree alot of instances pallet carrier will be cheaper especially when we get 17mpg but they couldn't drop them over that fence into the basement on that particular delivery I see the pics didn't work try this Edinburgh Basement Delivery

Are you going for it?

The results of this thread were pretty inconclusive! I've not had a chance to think about it this week with being extremely busy.

One of the local firewood retailers suggested that I would need to kiln dry the firewood to make it more marketable. Not sure I can be bothered with the faff.

Still would love to have a firewood processor though, for no adequately justifiable reason!

The results of this thread were pretty inconclusive! I've not had a chance to think about it this week with being extremely busy.

One of the local firewood retailers suggested that I would need to kiln dry the firewood to make it more marketable. Not sure I can be bothered with the faff.

Still would love to have a firewood processor though, for no adequately justifiable reason!

Its not a good reason on its own but it would be deductible against tax.

A