Stihl ms 200t problems

adbat234

:cursing: Any clues on this would be appreciated. My top handle saw has started acting up, when i give it throttle i get a blerr instead of a nice rev pick up and can only get it to top revs by blipping it up. The idle is also a little erratic despite trying to tune her up which has allways seen it run fine again in the past. It is a 2005 saw and has never had new rings and quite a lot of use. Is this where i should be looking. Your experience in this area would be very appreciated guys . Thanks.

Sounds very similar to recent problem with my MS200T, same kind of age & use. Does it also cut out when idling and then struggle to restart? If so then it could be carb and/or piston rings. Took mine to local stihl dealer after weeks trying to re-tune the begger to get her to run right! The verdict was a worn rings and goosed carb £100+ plus VAT for repairs Doh! Off to pick her up this afternoon, just need some bloody work to pay for it.

Yep. Does indeed sound similar to mine, half choke when warm trying to get it to restart is definately another symptom that I recognise. Sorry m8 bite down hard on that bullet and take her in. You might get lucky and find out its something trivial......... maybe!

that sounds to me like the crank seals have had it mate but it could also be the carb thats gone wrong , my advice would be to get the maze and model number of the carb off of it and give stihl tec services a call they will tell you weather its the carb or not . on the carb it should say either warbro or zamma with there model no becide it . roughly how old is the saw and what sort of hours has it done . also you could give the saw a reall good clean out and then take the exaust off and gently pull the saw over whilst watching the piston , this should indicate wether the the saw has picked up and scored the piston thus causing it to lose power . if you need any help doind any of the above give me a shout and i will talk you through it . good luck