Any recommends for wheeled strimmers?

Woodworks

Yes I got the DR machine as well as Barrie said good balance , we have loads of post and rail fencing and you turn the body to one side and away you go cuts most things I put a old soft floppy rubber mudflap at the back to stop getting to covered in rubbish

And I've got the tree basher metal blade with a 3/8 saw chain on the outside

Been looking at wheeled strimmers this week, some of the jobs I have been doing, different sites 1) round a lake full of builders rubble , brambles, do not want to put a metal blade over this. 2) stock fencing down a farm track, thistles, loads of tracks to keep down as they move the cows from field to field. Hard work 2-3 hrs with a normal strimmer.

Been looking at the DR TR4 Premier Recoil £419 basic model, the powered one with electric start is £849!

Also the Tondu HWTL wheeled trimmer £266 looks similar but quite a price difference

Think it will be the DR in the end given the previous remarks (thanks arbtalkers)

59766d7cab74f_Field2.jpg.cfd7fd64a35c11e0b6c4e5772fb0d31a.jpg

59766d7ca9b24_Field1.jpg.37d32dae5a627f7c5b9bc01622b8c06d.jpg

59766d7ca7f64_Lake3.jpg.e08c3d477fbd67441c368e83fa0b7426.jpg

59766d7ca62fb_Lake4.jpg.36372735ab442f18ca368d62f8fec014.jpg

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Yep finally got to keep it.

Got to clear a patch of bracken and brambles in the field and it made mincemeat of it :thumbup1:

Just found this thread and am thinking about buying one of these machines. I strim quite a few large areas by hand and this may cut down on a lot of time.

Would they be suitable for using on a wildflower meadow? I currently mange one and the growth needs cutting down at the end of the season but it gets to about 1m high and above would these machines cope?

Also what model did you go for there seems to be about 5 different versions? is there much difference between them?

Just found this thread and am thinking about buying one of these machines. I strim quite a few large areas by hand and this may cut down on a lot of time.

Would they be suitable for using on a wildflower meadow? I currently mange one and the growth needs cutting down at the end of the season but it gets to about 1m high and above would these machines cope?

Also what model did you go for there seems to be about 5 different versions? is there much difference between them?

Hard to be sure James. Not got any 1m grass here to try but suspect it would get through it if you took it slow. It has not yet got wrapped with grass, nettles or brambles and it tends to throw the cuttings clear to the left. Think mine is the base model but not sure as they appear to have changed to B&S engines from the Kohler that's on mine.