Stihl MS880 or Husqvarna 3120xp choice

tomcorke

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There hasn't been much posted about the 3120 another good design that has stood the test of time more or less unchanged ?? That was realised in the 80's

And the bar choice is vast for this saw

Hopefully Stubby Will be along soon

This saw hardly gets a mention

No one has actually stated practical reasons why they prefer the 880, just two that just 'like' it. Forums are very good at destroying a brand, business or reputation just through people's personal dislike.

... 3120 has a manual oiler which is apparently handy for milling.

Very handy for when the going gets tough.

3120's chain tensioner is at the front, whereas the 880's tensioner is on the side. If money is no problem, the 880 has a few more cc and a little more grunt. Where milling is concerned, more is better/quicker.

Both drink fuel & oil when milling but that's chainsaw milling for you. Both are tried, tested and well liked saws.

Hi I have an 880 for milling and apart from flooding it one day it has always started never let me down and I also think the tick over noise is ace, good saw plenty of power sails through most buts but I am a confirmed sthil man I havre a small husky and nothing but trouble scince I got it at a show this weekend and the chainbrake just snaped. So go for the 880 I rekon, happy milling

Cheers Mbark

3120xp good solid saw, been around long enough to have any bugs ironed out, fixed main jet, so no messing with the carb, many parts prices keenly priced due to the fact that it is run as a power cutter, and rail cutting saw, alway.s run it on 25.1 on a mill

3120xp good solid saw, been around long enough to have any bugs ironed out, fixed main jet, so no messing with the carb, many parts prices keenly priced due to the fact that it is run as a power cutter, and rail cutting saw, alway.s run it on 25.1 on a mill

Here is a goodun . Never let me down .

DSCF0006.jpg.55e0031d7f624acca2768e129a7c4202.jpg

DSCF0009.jpg.d57cae7c15cd47765de17e60df7ee754.jpg