Advice needed for Germany!

I'm looking for advice on working in Germany, in particular the Hamburg and Schleswig Holstein region. Are British qualifications and tickets recognised out there? What are climbing techniques A and B? Are there any Brits on here working in this region that might have any links to work? Is European tree worker a necessity or would ISA certified do (I have neither)?

As much info as possible please!

Cheers

I'm looking for advice on working in Germany, in particular the Hamburg and Schleswig Holstein region. Are British qualifications and tickets recognised out there? What are climbing techniques A and B? Are there any Brits on here working in this region that might have any links to work? Is European tree worker a necessity or would ISA certified do (I have neither)?

As much info as possible please!

Cheers

Guten tag!

Nice area up there, Lübeck is very nice wee city, check it out when you can :001_smile:

First, i'm afraid i aint in the region, about 3 hours south, but i think EnglishSheep on here is in hamburg area.

I dont have either ISA or ETW (hopefully that will change in near future) but have 6\7 years experience, work as a foreman, and get quite good pay if you have your climbing certs. If you DO have ISA or ETW certs then expect to get paid more.

The "A" and "B" certs (Seilklettertechnik, or SKT. Translated "rope climbing technique") are your basic climbing certs. " A" is cs38, rope climbing, rescue, pruning with handsaw. The "B" course is use of chainsaw while climbing, advanced rescue and rigging techniques, and you can only do the "B" course after 300 hours climbing experience.

However, if you have your cs38 and 39, they will be accepted. If anyone tells you otherwise, i can give you the number of the boss of the certifying and insurence body for arborists in Germany, and he can sort it for you.

I havent had any experience of people treating me any differently, or chancing their luck with me, but as we all know, not all bosses in this world are fair, decent chaps, so dont get underpaid or undermined. In my experience, proper tree and arborist (or baumpflege) bosses know whats what, are good guys, and will treat you like any other guy, according to your abilities and skills. Some of the gardening and landscaping bosses (garten und landschaftsbau) however, will try it on, but not all.

Hope that's answered a few questions!:thumbup: if you got more, there a few others on here from Germany, so keep asking

All the best! :thumbup1: