Last month to process logs to sell this coming Winter ?

arboriculturist

Same day as delivery. Only process seasoned roundwood - no double handling.

Sometimes the obvious is not obvious!

However many do not have the luxury of unlimited storage space and/also cannot afford the stock levels they require to adopt your processing system.

I'm envious though:thumbup1:

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would like to do it like TCD but up here on the moors most species would rot before drying if left in the round. If processing fresh wood now I would probably have it dry by the end of the coming winter. All depends on the summer though. A good windy one seems better for drying than hot and still. Obviously species variations to be taken into account.

Carl, Interested in reading your comment regarding being able to receive the same tariff on a second instal if carried out within 12 months of the first one. Do you have a link to explain this.? Its not something I have heard before.

It was on another trend

It was on another trend

We fitted 2 systems within a year of each other through the same RHI login and we had 2 different tariffs. 1 on 8.6 and the other on 6.9. Spoke to Ofgem about it at the time too as I heard a rumour that was the case and it's not unfortunately. I think the tariff is going down to 4.9p soon but that's still £8k a year on tier 1 on a 130kw eco angus!

Since my last post I have made a few phone calls and found out more on it. The written guidance I read was from RHI Volume 2, page 49. Section 10.21 covers the exact point. Also spoke to an advisor from ofgem, and the person who submitted my non domestic rhi application. It does seem to be correct, that a second install within 12 months of the first does allow you to lock into the original tarriff, but where the confusion may lie is that if the combined capacity of the 2 systems exceeds 200 kw, you drop down in the pence / kw to what you would have received at the time of the first instal, therefore possibly answering the previous post. Hoping that this might be of use to someone.

That's fair enough, is it the same in the none domestic though? Mine were both none domestic.

I still can't get my head around why they don't insulate those glenfarrow kilns. We have had 2 kilns now one in a container and one timber building and the difference with insulation on and off for drying time was over 50%!

How many cubic metres are you burning to dry your container load of logs?

That's fair enough, is it the same in the none domestic though? Mine were both none domestic.

I still can't get my head around why they don't insulate those glenfarrow kilns. We have had 2 kilns now one in a container and one timber building and the difference with insulation on and off for drying time was over 50%!

How many cubic metres are you burning to dry your container load of logs?

I think the insulation is the least of your worries with the GF setup !