PCW 5000 Portable Capstan Winch Opinions?

LGP Eddie

I'm currently looking at the PCW 5000 Portable Capstan Winch, but in the High speed version up to 36m/min line speed.

It's really for using to pull out the excavator main winch rope, as 70 metre of 20mm cable is enough for two people on a flat road let alone slopes!

Handy for many other uses too, and seemingly very portable plus easy to use.

Anyone running one in 3000 or 5000 form, and what are they like to live with?

Eddie.

• 1 month later...

How did you get on with that? Did you buy one?

We are an official Portable Winch retailer in the UK, our importer does not bring in the PCW5000-HS, it's nice and fast but the pulling capacity goes right down making it less useful.

The PCW5000 with a large capstan drum is usually suitable for most applications. Please feel free to get in touch if you have any questions.

We have one. Saved so many man hours pulling bundles of brash and small trees up over rail embankments on the sites with restricted access

Really happy with it. Easy to use. We made up a tripod with some scaffold tubes to keep the rope off the ground as much as poss. Certainly didnt regret it anyway

I'm currently looking at the PCW 5000 Portable Capstan Winch, but in the High speed version up to 36m/min line speed.

It's really for using to pull out the excavator main winch rope, as 70 metre of 20mm cable is enough for two people on a flat road let alone slopes!

Handy for many other uses too, and seemingly very portable plus easy to use.

Anyone running one in 3000 or 5000 form, and what are they like to live with?

Eddie.

Hi Eddie can you not fit one on your 360 Machine like a hydraulic winch thanks John

We are an official Portable Winch retailer in the UK, our importer does not bring in the PCW5000-HS, it's nice and fast but the pulling capacity goes right down making it less useful.

The PCW5000 with a large capstan drum is usually suitable for most applications. Please feel free to get in touch if you have any questions.

Could you pm me your contact details as been thinking about 1 for a while and now got a potential job where it'd be ideal due to restricted access.

I've literally been flat out of late so this has dropped off the radar a little, but it's getting around to that time of year again so pleased you prompted me to do something about it.

I'll get in touch and discuss the faster winch as speed is literally the main factor to retrieve the main winch cable which in reality can be a struggle for 3 men at times.

Thanks.

Eddie.